What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
Wednesday March 26
I love excellence and I even battle against perfectionism from time to time. But there are times I find speed more desirable than precision. As evidence, behind every picture on my walls is a cluster of tiny pinholes. It’s no wonder that the occasional picture falls from its place. After all, I can’t expect much from a technique that relies on a hairbrush in lieu of a hammer, and a good eye instead of a tape measure. My attempts simply seemed faster than measured accuracy.
We can’t choose expediency in spiritual pursuits and expect to remain anchored in the will of God, especially when we face hardships. Paul reminded his readers in Corinth that “Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe” (2 Corinthians 4:4). And some participants in the deeds of darkness created havoc for believers—sometimes even to the point of death (vv.11-12). Battles rage in the spirit realm. The force is no less vigorous than if we could feel the stinging arrows striking our physical bodies (Ephesians 6:12).
As fragile beings, we are often fear-ridden and beset by doubt. Yet God loved us enough to speak light into our darkness. Far more than an aesthetic adjustment, Paul’s admonition to “fix our gaze” is the choice between a superficial faith requiring little and the rock-solid decision to remain steadfast (2 Corinthians 4:18).
Unmoved by circumstances, true faith rests on the surety of God at work in mortal humanity, a belief that “though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day” (v.16). It is, in essence, the conviction that He is at work in us (1 Corinthians 1:8-9). —Regina Franklin
2 Corinthians 4:1-18
So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever (v.18).
Read Matthew 7:13-29 and consider the traits of a faith built on sand as compared to one built on the rock.
Have you been tempted to “cut corners” in times of difficulty? What does it mean for you to remain steadfast and still be real about the struggles you’re facing?
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more