Warm WelcomeHow does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?
Top Christian Music Videos
Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without
good works (v.26).
Did you know that?!” When my student responded
with disbelief at what he had learned in
researching his social justice project, my heart
leapt with excitement. Teaching in a private prep school,
I look for ways to help my students see beyond their
somewhat sheltered world. My delight was short-lived,
however, when he continued by saying that although he
felt bad for those who suffered, he wouldn’t change his
buying habits. You see, one of the companies that uses
sweatshops also happens to make his favorite clothing.
We don’t earn salvation; nor do we earn our way into
the favor and blessing of God. But in his letter to the
early church, James is clear. Faith requires action, or it is
not faith at all.
How this plays out in our daily lives, though, is
another question altogether. While Christians can easily
be labeled for their protests and boycotts, knowledge
creates an interesting dilemma in our understanding
of faith and works. From the choices we make about
media, the way we act in everyday situations, to our
interest in the suffering of those near and far, our lives
should reveal an intimate relationship with the Son
of God who willingly gave His life for our well-being
The Bible says, “For God loved the world so much
that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone
who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). In the
same way, our works—motivated by our faith in the goodness of God—should
emanate from a heart of love (1 Corinthians 13:3).
A necessary component of our relationship with God (Hebrews 11:6), faith
becomes an opportunity for the love of God to be made visible—through us.
In what part of your life have you struggled to make your faith active?
How can you keep a God-centered focus as you live out your faith?
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more