Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
For years, Greg Mann worked hard to share the good news of Jesus with people in the remote rainforest region of Guyana. He had overseen the building of several churches in areas accessible only by canoe. But Greg began to sense that his churches were stagnant.
Then he started encountering health problems that seriously curtailed his ability to work. So he prayed. And the churches grew. That's when Greg realized an important aspect of serving the Lord. It wasn't his work; it was God's. Greg's dedication to serving God was admirable, but the Guyanese didn't need Greg. They needed Jesus. God would continue His work, with or without Greg Mann.
As we look at the heroes of the Bible, we see some astoundingly human flaws in them. Moses actually asked God, "What did I do to deserve the burden of all these people?" as if God were abandoning both him and the nation (Numbers 11:11). Sulking, he told God, "Just go ahead and kill me" (v.15). God, however, had much more for Moses to do. The Bible tells us that Moses had been sent by God to be a ruler and a deliverer for Israel (Acts 7:35). But it also reveals that Israel's exodus from Egypt wasn't on Moses' shoulders, it was on God's.
No one accomplishes anything of value without Him. The apostle Paul understood this when he took to task the church at Corinth for putting faith in human leaders. He humbly rightsized the roles of God's servants, including his own, when he said, "It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What's important is that God makes the seed grow" (1 Corinthians 3:7).
It's vital for us to assume the roles God has for us. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Jesus must be the foundation for anything we do (v.11). , Tim Gustafson, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more