Based on a True StoryWhat restoration has God brought to your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
When Walls Fall
Then the people of Israel traveled to the plains of Moab and camped east of the Jordan River, across from Jericho (22:1).
Every Monday evening at 8:30 p.m., the walls of my house begin to vibrate. Far from any earthquake tremors, my house instead responds to the sound of my husband and the young men in his small group as they begin their time of worship in song. As I sit upstairs, I love to hear their deep voices resonating throughout the house. It’s the sound of strength.
Worship is powerful, and the book of Acts (16:16-26) records how Paul and Silas—in prison for preaching and practicing the freedom of Christ—faced their chains with God’s worthiness on their tongues. Consequently, the very earth responded, demonstrating that our worship of the one true God breaks the strongholds of darkness in our lives.
But it wasn’t the first time God brought down the walls.
The city of Jericho’s fallen barriers have become a well-known symbol of what can be done through the power of praise and obedience (Joshua 6:1-20). Ironically, though, the day the walls came down wasn’t the only time the Israelites had been in the area. Numbers 22 tells of the first generation of Israelites who came out of Egypt and who, at one point, camped with only a river between them and the city. Sadly, the victory was not to be theirs.
Balak could rage and demand that they be cursed, but even a king bent on their destruction could not undo the promises of God for their lives. Their downfall was much simpler. They gave in to seduction and then succumbed to the worship of self (25:1-3).
More than a physical river to stop them, they were denied the promise because of their refusal to be led by the Spirit of God. The choice is ours: Will we be driven by our flesh or watch the miraculous unfold as walls fall?
Read Genesis 22:1 to see how Abraham’s worship was an important step in the fulfillment of God’s promise for his life.
Why is our worship so powerful? What steps do you need to take to refuse temptation? How can your worship change any “Jericho” situations you’re facing?
- Based on a True Story - What restoration has God brought to your life?...read more
- New Beginnings - How has God equipped you to follow Him?...read more
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more