WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
One afternoon, at a hospital in East Africa, I was preparing to bathe a 6-year-old cancer patient named Henry. To my astonishment, beneath the sick child's shirt was a filthy rag tied tightly around his waist. Henry's mother explained, "Our village healer put it there to drive away evil spirits so Henry will get well."
Having spent several months assisting children in the pediatric cancer ward, I had become friends with many of the their parents, particularly Henry's mother. So I asked her, "May we remove this rag and instead ask Jesus Christ to heal Henry?" "Yes," she replied.
For the next several weeks we prayed for Henry as he underwent chemotherapy. Amazingly, subsequent tests revealed that his cancer had gone into remission. Henry's mother and I rejoiced and acknowledged that God "is the only God. There is no other!" (Isaiah 45:14).
In the days ahead, you will face challenges that leave you wondering where to turn for answers. In those difficult times, remember that God wants to reveal Himself to you and through you.
Take comfort from the words God spoke to King Cyrus, "I, the Lord, made you, and I will not forget you" (44:21). "I will go before you . . . and level the mountains. I will smash down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. . . . I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness, secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord" (45:2-3).
God equips us: "I have equipped you for battle, though you don't even know Me, so all the world from east to west will know there is no other God" (45:5-6).
He does the work: "I am the Lord, and there is no other. I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the Lord, am the one who does these things" (vv.6-7). Amen. , Roxanne Robbins, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more