Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Since 1993, sales of luxury cars in my country, Australia, have doubled. Since the 1950s, Australian homes have doubled in size, yet the average family has decreased by a third. We've been on a pilgrimage to the "kingdom of things." But, on arrival, we haven't found fulfillment. Thirty percent of us take some form of mood-enhancing substance (like drugs, alcohol, sleeping tablets, or antidepressants) to get through the day.
I'm grateful that there's another kingdom to which we can make our pilgrimage. The apostle John saw it as a gleaming city descending from heaven (Revelation 21:2); a place where humanity's deepest longings are fulfilled in relationship with God (v.3); a place where wounds are healed and tears forever cease (v.4); a place of radiant beauty (vv.11,18-21) that reflects the beauty of its Creator (4:3). Eight hundred years earlier, the prophet Isaiah also saw this kingdom. A place where the blind see, the deaf hear, the lame leap, and the mute sing for joy (Isaiah 35:5-6); a place where weapons become farm implements, (2:4), where justice is brought to His people (65:21-23), and where the deserts will blossom (35:1).
Then a Man from Galilee appeared on the scene who made blind folks see and lame men leap; who said "the kingdom of God has arrived," as He healed and cleansed and delivered (Matthew 12:28). Luxury cars will rust, and the "kingdom of things" will collapse. Jesus told us to seek the kingdom of God instead (Matthew 6:33) and to pray and work for its reality on earth (Matthew 6:9-13).
Will we invest in that kingdom and resist the temptations of the "kingdom of things"? , Sheridan Voysey, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more