Dirty LaundryWhen you need to confront someone, how do you react?
Top Christian Music Videos
I tell you not to worry about everyday life (v.25).
According to the World Health Organization, Americans are more prone to anxiety than people in other nations. The study revealed that 31 percent of Americans suffer from this disorder at some point in their lifetime. The chief culprits that lead to this anxiety are money, work, and the pressure to achieve and succeed. According to the study, Americans’ anxiety is five times higher than that of people in Third World nations.
Long before the World Health Organization collected data and came to their conclusions, Jesus already knew that the human heart was prone to anxiety. So, on the sloping Galilean hillside, in the most powerful sermon ever heard, Jesus gave several reasons why it was irrational for His followers to live in submission to anxiety.
According to Jesus, worry is irrational because life is more than food and clothing (Matthew 6:25), God knows and meets His children’s needs (v.26), worry doesn’t accomplish anything (v.27), and worry is godless (v.32). Jesus’ teaching combats the error that denies God’s care and love by supposing that we can establish our own bright future by temporarily securing our own life needs.
How can we begin to worry less? First, by asking God to search our hearts for any anxious thoughts (Psalm 139:23). Second, by casting all our cares upon God (Psalm 55:22; Philippians 4:6-7). Third, by trusting that our heavenly Father knows our needs and will care for us (Matthew 6:32); His steadfast love will uphold us, and His consolation will encourage our hearts (Psalm 94:18-19).
Finally, we should live God-centered and Spirit-empowered lives (Matthew 6:33; Romans 8:6). When we trust God in our season of worry, our lives will exhibit the blessing and hope that only He can provide (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
Read Philippians 4:6-7 and see what we should do with our worry.
What causes you to get anxious? How can you begin to worry less and trust God more?
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more