Run with It!Jesus is the author of life.
Top Christian Music Videos
I tell you not to worry about everyday life (v.25).
According to the World Health Organization, Americans are more prone to anxiety than people in other nations. The study revealed that 31 percent of Americans suffer from this disorder at some point in their lifetime. The chief culprits that lead to this anxiety are money, work, and the pressure to achieve and succeed. According to the study, Americans’ anxiety is five times higher than that of people in Third World nations.
Long before the World Health Organization collected data and came to their conclusions, Jesus already knew that the human heart was prone to anxiety. So, on the sloping Galilean hillside, in the most powerful sermon ever heard, Jesus gave several reasons why it was irrational for His followers to live in submission to anxiety.
According to Jesus, worry is irrational because life is more than food and clothing (Matthew 6:25), God knows and meets His children’s needs (v.26), worry doesn’t accomplish anything (v.27), and worry is godless (v.32). Jesus’ teaching combats the error that denies God’s care and love by supposing that we can establish our own bright future by temporarily securing our own life needs.
How can we begin to worry less? First, by asking God to search our hearts for any anxious thoughts (Psalm 139:23). Second, by casting all our cares upon God (Psalm 55:22; Philippians 4:6-7). Third, by trusting that our heavenly Father knows our needs and will care for us (Matthew 6:32); His steadfast love will uphold us, and His consolation will encourage our hearts (Psalm 94:18-19).
Finally, we should live God-centered and Spirit-empowered lives (Matthew 6:33; Romans 8:6). When we trust God in our season of worry, our lives will exhibit the blessing and hope that only He can provide (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
Read Philippians 4:6-7 and see what we should do with our worry.
What causes you to get anxious? How can you begin to worry less and trust God more?
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more