Not about FameHow has Jesus changed your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
I tell you not to worry about everyday life (v.25).
According to the World Health Organization, Americans are more prone to anxiety than people in other nations. The study revealed that 31 percent of Americans suffer from this disorder at some point in their lifetime. The chief culprits that lead to this anxiety are money, work, and the pressure to achieve and succeed. According to the study, Americans’ anxiety is five times higher than that of people in Third World nations.
Long before the World Health Organization collected data and came to their conclusions, Jesus already knew that the human heart was prone to anxiety. So, on the sloping Galilean hillside, in the most powerful sermon ever heard, Jesus gave several reasons why it was irrational for His followers to live in submission to anxiety.
According to Jesus, worry is irrational because life is more than food and clothing (Matthew 6:25), God knows and meets His children’s needs (v.26), worry doesn’t accomplish anything (v.27), and worry is godless (v.32). Jesus’ teaching combats the error that denies God’s care and love by supposing that we can establish our own bright future by temporarily securing our own life needs.
How can we begin to worry less? First, by asking God to search our hearts for any anxious thoughts (Psalm 139:23). Second, by casting all our cares upon God (Psalm 55:22; Philippians 4:6-7). Third, by trusting that our heavenly Father knows our needs and will care for us (Matthew 6:32); His steadfast love will uphold us, and His consolation will encourage our hearts (Psalm 94:18-19).
Finally, we should live God-centered and Spirit-empowered lives (Matthew 6:33; Romans 8:6). When we trust God in our season of worry, our lives will exhibit the blessing and hope that only He can provide (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
Read Philippians 4:6-7 and see what we should do with our worry.
What causes you to get anxious? How can you begin to worry less and trust God more?
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more