Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
The actress Cameron Diaz explained why none of her romantic relationships have led to marriage. "I think that what I've found . . . is that you always find the person you're meant to be with at that time in your life. And what I've also found is that you have to move on from those people at certain times, because that's the way it happens. . . . A lot of people find themselves trapped in something they've outgrown and are unhappy. And they don't know how to get out of it because they think they're supposed to make it happen."
This attitude may be acceptable when dating, but too many people bring it into their marriage. "Till death do us part" becomes "You're the person I want to be with at this period in my life," and they quickly discard their spouse when they've "outgrown the relationship" or the chemistry is no longer working. Then, in a futile quest to "find themselves," they tear apart their family and ruin the lives of everyone in it (Proverbs 5:15-17).
But what if love doesn't mean "what makes me happy or meets my needs this very moment"? What if we replaced this thin view of love with the muscular love of God? "God loved the world so much that He" . . . what? Tingled with happiness? Got wobbly in the knees? Used the world to find Himself? No. "God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son" (John 3:16).
The cross is the greatest act of love, not because it filled God with warm feelings, but because God put us ahead of Himself and chose to die for us.
How about you? Will you chase Hollywood's idea of happiness, or will you commit to spend your life with your spouse? (Proverbs 5:18). Choose love. , Mike Wittmer, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more