Rich in Good WorksHow can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?
Top Music Videos
The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these people treat Me with
contempt? Will they never believe Me, even after all the miraculous
signs I have done among them?” (v.11).
Grumble Rumble is a website that allows you to air
your complaints. It claims: “Our goal is to help
you improve your life surroundings and reduce
your stress by providing an easy, simple platform to
register and resolve complaints.”
If there had been a website like this during Moses’
time, the Israelites would surely have been among its key
patrons. Three days after they marched out from Mount
Sinai they started to grumble (Numbers 11:1). A short
time later, they were grumbling again. We want our
garlic! And like little children deprived of their toys, they
sat at the door of their tents and held pity parties (vv.4-
10). The next incident came up in Numbers 12:1. This
time the complaint was about leadership.
Israel had developed a pattern of grumbling. By the
time we reach Numbers 14, it was “the last straw.” God
was gracious and longsuffering, but the time finally came
when enough was enough. Israel reached that point at
Kadesh. The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these
people treat Me with contempt? Will they never believe
Me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done
among them?” (v.11).
The Israelites had witnessed the 10 plagues that
God brought upon Egypt. They had seen God part the
Red Sea before them. They had seen and heard the
evidences of God’s majestic presence at Mount Sinai
(Exodus 19:16). And in the Sinai wilderness, God had performed daily
miracles as He cared for His chosen people and their livestock.
Let’s avoid the Israelites’ example. When we complain, we lose sight of all the
good things God is doing. Ultimately, we lose faith and drag others down with
us. No grumbles. No rumbles. Humble gratitude is what God deserves from us.
How can you replace your grumblings with praise and thanksgiving?
What does your grumbling reveal about your true view of God?
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more