Love in ActionHow can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these people treat Me with
contempt? Will they never believe Me, even after all the miraculous
signs I have done among them?” (v.11).
Grumble Rumble is a website that allows you to air
your complaints. It claims: “Our goal is to help
you improve your life surroundings and reduce
your stress by providing an easy, simple platform to
register and resolve complaints.”
If there had been a website like this during Moses’
time, the Israelites would surely have been among its key
patrons. Three days after they marched out from Mount
Sinai they started to grumble (Numbers 11:1). A short
time later, they were grumbling again. We want our
garlic! And like little children deprived of their toys, they
sat at the door of their tents and held pity parties (vv.4-
10). The next incident came up in Numbers 12:1. This
time the complaint was about leadership.
Israel had developed a pattern of grumbling. By the
time we reach Numbers 14, it was “the last straw.” God
was gracious and longsuffering, but the time finally came
when enough was enough. Israel reached that point at
Kadesh. The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these
people treat Me with contempt? Will they never believe
Me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done
among them?” (v.11).
The Israelites had witnessed the 10 plagues that
God brought upon Egypt. They had seen God part the
Red Sea before them. They had seen and heard the
evidences of God’s majestic presence at Mount Sinai
(Exodus 19:16). And in the Sinai wilderness, God had performed daily
miracles as He cared for His chosen people and their livestock.
Let’s avoid the Israelites’ example. When we complain, we lose sight of all the
good things God is doing. Ultimately, we lose faith and drag others down with
us. No grumbles. No rumbles. Humble gratitude is what God deserves from us.
How can you replace your grumblings with praise and thanksgiving?
What does your grumbling reveal about your true view of God?
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more