Raise the Temperature
Top Music Videos
The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these people treat Me with
contempt? Will they never believe Me, even after all the miraculous
signs I have done among them?” (v.11).
Grumble Rumble is a website that allows you to air
your complaints. It claims: “Our goal is to help
you improve your life surroundings and reduce
your stress by providing an easy, simple platform to
register and resolve complaints.”
If there had been a website like this during Moses’
time, the Israelites would surely have been among its key
patrons. Three days after they marched out from Mount
Sinai they started to grumble (Numbers 11:1). A short
time later, they were grumbling again. We want our
garlic! And like little children deprived of their toys, they
sat at the door of their tents and held pity parties (vv.4-
10). The next incident came up in Numbers 12:1. This
time the complaint was about leadership.
Israel had developed a pattern of grumbling. By the
time we reach Numbers 14, it was “the last straw.” God
was gracious and longsuffering, but the time finally came
when enough was enough. Israel reached that point at
Kadesh. The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these
people treat Me with contempt? Will they never believe
Me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done
among them?” (v.11).
The Israelites had witnessed the 10 plagues that
God brought upon Egypt. They had seen God part the
Red Sea before them. They had seen and heard the
evidences of God’s majestic presence at Mount Sinai
(Exodus 19:16). And in the Sinai wilderness, God had performed daily
miracles as He cared for His chosen people and their livestock.
Let’s avoid the Israelites’ example. When we complain, we lose sight of all the
good things God is doing. Ultimately, we lose faith and drag others down with
us. No grumbles. No rumbles. Humble gratitude is what God deserves from us.
How can you replace your grumblings with praise and thanksgiving?
What does your grumbling reveal about your true view of God?
- Raise the Temperature - ...read more
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more