Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these people treat Me with
contempt? Will they never believe Me, even after all the miraculous
signs I have done among them?” (v.11).
Grumble Rumble is a website that allows you to air
your complaints. It claims: “Our goal is to help
you improve your life surroundings and reduce
your stress by providing an easy, simple platform to
register and resolve complaints.”
If there had been a website like this during Moses’
time, the Israelites would surely have been among its key
patrons. Three days after they marched out from Mount
Sinai they started to grumble (Numbers 11:1). A short
time later, they were grumbling again. We want our
garlic! And like little children deprived of their toys, they
sat at the door of their tents and held pity parties (vv.4-
10). The next incident came up in Numbers 12:1. This
time the complaint was about leadership.
Israel had developed a pattern of grumbling. By the
time we reach Numbers 14, it was “the last straw.” God
was gracious and longsuffering, but the time finally came
when enough was enough. Israel reached that point at
Kadesh. The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these
people treat Me with contempt? Will they never believe
Me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done
among them?” (v.11).
The Israelites had witnessed the 10 plagues that
God brought upon Egypt. They had seen God part the
Red Sea before them. They had seen and heard the
evidences of God’s majestic presence at Mount Sinai
(Exodus 19:16). And in the Sinai wilderness, God had performed daily
miracles as He cared for His chosen people and their livestock.
Let’s avoid the Israelites’ example. When we complain, we lose sight of all the
good things God is doing. Ultimately, we lose faith and drag others down with
us. No grumbles. No rumbles. Humble gratitude is what God deserves from us.
How can you replace your grumblings with praise and thanksgiving?
What does your grumbling reveal about your true view of God?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more