WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
The Body of Christ
Our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where He wants it (v.18).
Two nights before I moved to Africa 5 years ago, I panicked. As much as I believed the Lord was calling me to Uganda, I feared that by going there I would forfeit my friends back home. I thought they would forget me and that we’d quickly share nothing in common after I journeyed to a new continent, culture, and life.
To take my step of faith I had to cling once again to Romans 15:13, embracing the promise that God, the source of hope, would fill me “completely with joy and peace” as I trusted in Him. The verse also acknowledges that He will fill me with an overflowing amount of “confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”
When I touched ground in East Africa, I leaped into work and ministry. Amid the challenges and suffering I experienced, I had little time to think about things back home. Amazingly (though in hindsight, not surprisingly in God’s economy), the more I poured into the hurting people in Uganda, the more the body of Christ back home connected with me—even when I was poor in my correspondence. They came alongside me in a profound way. They gave. They prayed. They joined me in loving the Ugandan people. As we served together, despite the long distance between us, we became closer to each other and, most importantly, to the Lord.
All of us “together are Christ’s body,” states 1 Corinthians 1:27. “If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad” (v.26).
Today, remember your brothers and sisters who are serving far away from you, as well as those serving in your own backyard. Reveal the depth of love, teamwork, and strength of the body of Christ to them.
As you’ve taken steps of faith that may have cost you friends or comforts, how did you experience the love of Christ that is “too great to understand fully”? (Ephesians 3:19).
Invite the believers in your life to pray for you as you take a step of faith. How can you better encourage and support those who are serving God in challenging places?
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more