Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
Yet to Come
Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting disgrace (v.2).
My sister might take a year off from work to study at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I told her, “Well, be ready to check out the hills so that you know where to run to during the great tribulation.” Though spoken half in jest, both of us believe that Jesus is coming soon and we take to heart His prophetic words in Matthew 24:1.
Another less familiar passage about the endtimes is Daniel 12:1. It begins with the words, “At that time” (v.1). It’s the dire time revealed in Daniel 11:40 when Israel will face unprecedented troubles. Yet at that very time, hope will dawn. Daniel 12:2 gives us one of those rare occurrences in the Old Testament that speak of resurrection. We’re assured that believers will face a happy future. Death may seem final, but it’s not the end. Yes, we shall awake “to everlasting life” (v.2). And God will honor those who remain faithful to Him (v.3).
As frail human beings, however, we would like to know how long we may have to suffer. Daniel’s vision provides some comforting truths:
• For believers, suffering is only for a season (v.7) and the best is yet to come. Along with Daniel, we “will rise again to receive the inheritance set aside for [us]” (v.13).
• There’s a good purpose behind our trials. They will purify, cleanse, and refine us (v.10).
A. M. Overton wrote: “Tho’ night be dark and it may seem that day will never break, I’ll pin my faith, my all in Him, He maketh no mistake. For by and by the mist will lift and plain it all He’ll make, through all the way, tho’ dark to me, He made not one mistake.” Hallelujah!
—Poh Fang Chia
How can the hope of the resurrection encourage you to remain faithful in the midst of suffering and pain? What are you most looking forward to in the future?
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more