Treasure that LastsWhat legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?
Top Christian Music Videos
Yet to Come
Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting disgrace (v.2).
My sister might take a year off from work to study at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I told her, “Well, be ready to check out the hills so that you know where to run to during the great tribulation.” Though spoken half in jest, both of us believe that Jesus is coming soon and we take to heart His prophetic words in Matthew 24:1.
Another less familiar passage about the endtimes is Daniel 12:1. It begins with the words, “At that time” (v.1). It’s the dire time revealed in Daniel 11:40 when Israel will face unprecedented troubles. Yet at that very time, hope will dawn. Daniel 12:2 gives us one of those rare occurrences in the Old Testament that speak of resurrection. We’re assured that believers will face a happy future. Death may seem final, but it’s not the end. Yes, we shall awake “to everlasting life” (v.2). And God will honor those who remain faithful to Him (v.3).
As frail human beings, however, we would like to know how long we may have to suffer. Daniel’s vision provides some comforting truths:
• For believers, suffering is only for a season (v.7) and the best is yet to come. Along with Daniel, we “will rise again to receive the inheritance set aside for [us]” (v.13).
• There’s a good purpose behind our trials. They will purify, cleanse, and refine us (v.10).
A. M. Overton wrote: “Tho’ night be dark and it may seem that day will never break, I’ll pin my faith, my all in Him, He maketh no mistake. For by and by the mist will lift and plain it all He’ll make, through all the way, tho’ dark to me, He made not one mistake.” Hallelujah!
—Poh Fang Chia
How can the hope of the resurrection encourage you to remain faithful in the midst of suffering and pain? What are you most looking forward to in the future?
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more