Confession and BlessingHow does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?
Top Christian Music Videos
Yet to Come
Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting disgrace (v.2).
My sister might take a year off from work to study at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I told her, “Well, be ready to check out the hills so that you know where to run to during the great tribulation.” Though spoken half in jest, both of us believe that Jesus is coming soon and we take to heart His prophetic words in Matthew 24:1.
Another less familiar passage about the endtimes is Daniel 12:1. It begins with the words, “At that time” (v.1). It’s the dire time revealed in Daniel 11:40 when Israel will face unprecedented troubles. Yet at that very time, hope will dawn. Daniel 12:2 gives us one of those rare occurrences in the Old Testament that speak of resurrection. We’re assured that believers will face a happy future. Death may seem final, but it’s not the end. Yes, we shall awake “to everlasting life” (v.2). And God will honor those who remain faithful to Him (v.3).
As frail human beings, however, we would like to know how long we may have to suffer. Daniel’s vision provides some comforting truths:
• For believers, suffering is only for a season (v.7) and the best is yet to come. Along with Daniel, we “will rise again to receive the inheritance set aside for [us]” (v.13).
• There’s a good purpose behind our trials. They will purify, cleanse, and refine us (v.10).
A. M. Overton wrote: “Tho’ night be dark and it may seem that day will never break, I’ll pin my faith, my all in Him, He maketh no mistake. For by and by the mist will lift and plain it all He’ll make, through all the way, tho’ dark to me, He made not one mistake.” Hallelujah!
—Poh Fang Chia
How can the hope of the resurrection encourage you to remain faithful in the midst of suffering and pain? What are you most looking forward to in the future?
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more
- Blinding Blue Pants - What role does accountability play in your life?...read more