Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Joining the rash of reality television shows in the United States, Dating in the Dark hit the airwaves last summer. Each week, three guys and three girls got together for a week of dates, in a darkened room. They all made the rounds, talking and sharing meals as couples. But they never actually saw what one another looked like. At the end of the experiment, each of them picked the one they were most attracted to. Then, in a nerve-wracking encounter, they received glimpses of the other, discovering whether or not physical appearance ruined their attraction.
The whole enterprise preys on one of our most personal fears, if someone sees who we really are, they will want nothing to do with us. This fear is why I find Psalm 139 to be so amazing. David tells me that there is absolutely nothing about me that God does not see. It's out in the open, bright as the sun. No matter where I go, whether "I travel [or] rest at home," God sees (v.3). He knows my actions even before I think to do them (v.2). My most private thoughts echo in God's ears. God hears "what I am going to say even before I say it" (v.4) There isn't a single thing we can hide from God, no matter how hard we try.
Knowing this could make me fall down and cower before God. If God sees all my impure motives and my lustful thoughts and my shadowy desires, surely He finds me despicable. Surely God will push me aside with disgust.
Stunningly, David says just the opposite. "How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!" (v.17). God's kindness toward us flows with pure, undeserved generosity. We are free to come out of the dark because God already sees and knows us, and loves us anyway. , Winn Collier, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more