Happy at YouDo you know deep down that God loves you dearly?
Top Christian Music Videos
Who Are You
He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when
I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away.
Praise the name of the Lord!” (v.21).
Charles Taylor has a big ego. The former president
of Liberia once attended an African conference
in full combat gear, riding into town as his armed
bodyguards jogged alongside his car. When he was
accused of being a gunrunner and diamond smuggler,
Taylor shamelessly addressed his people clothed in
angelic white. But Taylor’s atrocities finally caught up
with him and he was put on trial in The Hague for crimes
against humanity. Alone, separated from companions,
cash, and clout, Taylor now confronts the question of his
identity. Who is he really?
Many of us know the feeling. From the moment we’re
born, we slowly accumulate the people, possessions,
and skills that form our identity. We’re someone’s child
and sibling, and we eventually become someone’s
friend, spouse, parent, and employee. But then we’re laid
off from work or we lose a loved one through death or
divorce, and we’re not sure who we are anymore.
Such tragic losses are a prelude to the main event.
Someday we will die, and then “we must all stand before
Christ to be judged” (2 Corinthians 5:10). Stripped of
everything that shaped our identity, the question of the
moment will be, “Who are you?”
The only answer that will do, as the Heidelberg
Catechism declares, is that “I am not my own, but
belong—body and soul, in life and in death—to my
faithful Savior Jesus Christ.” The only relationship that death can’t sever is the
most important one. Paul exclaimed that “anyone who belongs to Christ has
become a new person” (2 Cor. 5:17), and we who “are united with Christ”
receive “every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 1:3).
When Jesus asks who you are, reply that you find yourself in Him.
Read Philippians 3:7
to learn how Paul found
his identity in Jesus.
What does it mean to
find your identity in Jesus?
How can your identity
in Him steady you when
your world is rocked by
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more