Cleansing and CallingWhat does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race (v.13).
Last summer, 33 miners in Chile became trapped when
the copper mine they were working in was rocked by
a landslide. Entombed 700 meters (2,300 feet) below
ground, the miners faced many weeks of mental and
physical stress prior to their rescue. One man, however,
experienced heightened anxiety when he learned that his
wife and his mistress had met at a vigil being held for the
miners. He was trapped in more ways than one.
Whoa! Talk about “your sin will find you out”
One thing that can provide great comfort to us is the
fact that God is omniscient—He’s all-knowing. The psalmist
wrote, “The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the
whole human race” (Psalm 33:13). From miners cloaked
in darkness to you and me basking in the brightness of a
sunny day, God sees us all. He knows “everything [we] do”
(139:3). So the fact that He knows every move we make
can also be highly convicting. Especially if we’re foolishly
trying to hide our sin from Him.
Our holy God is omniscient. As He sits on His throne
(33:14) and views us, nothing is hidden from His
loving, piercing eyes. “You spread out our sins before
You—our secret sins—and You see them all” declared
Moses (90:8). Although you and I might attempt to
conceal our wayward ways from our Creator and
Sustainer, it’s impossible.
In fact, the psalmist reveals that God knows our innermost thoughts and
desires: “[God] made [our] hearts, so He understands everything [we] do”
(33:15). He knows our hearts and what’s lurking within.
With that said, how are you trapped today? Does sin have you skittering for
cover from God’s gaze? It’s time to repent and step into the light of His awesome,
all-knowing presence. —Tom Felten
As you read Proverbs 15:3, consider God’s omniscience and how
it both comforts and convicts you.
How have you recently been trapped by a sin? How does the fact that
God is all-knowing affect the way you live?
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more
- No Longer Lost - Where have you seen God’s love and mercy in your life?...read more
- Grace that Motivates - How can we avoid the temptation to try and earn God’s approval by doing good deeds?...read more