Autograph of the OrdinaryDo you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race (v.13).
Last summer, 33 miners in Chile became trapped when
the copper mine they were working in was rocked by
a landslide. Entombed 700 meters (2,300 feet) below
ground, the miners faced many weeks of mental and
physical stress prior to their rescue. One man, however,
experienced heightened anxiety when he learned that his
wife and his mistress had met at a vigil being held for the
miners. He was trapped in more ways than one.
Whoa! Talk about “your sin will find you out”
One thing that can provide great comfort to us is the
fact that God is omniscient—He’s all-knowing. The psalmist
wrote, “The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the
whole human race” (Psalm 33:13). From miners cloaked
in darkness to you and me basking in the brightness of a
sunny day, God sees us all. He knows “everything [we] do”
(139:3). So the fact that He knows every move we make
can also be highly convicting. Especially if we’re foolishly
trying to hide our sin from Him.
Our holy God is omniscient. As He sits on His throne
(33:14) and views us, nothing is hidden from His
loving, piercing eyes. “You spread out our sins before
You—our secret sins—and You see them all” declared
Moses (90:8). Although you and I might attempt to
conceal our wayward ways from our Creator and
Sustainer, it’s impossible.
In fact, the psalmist reveals that God knows our innermost thoughts and
desires: “[God] made [our] hearts, so He understands everything [we] do”
(33:15). He knows our hearts and what’s lurking within.
With that said, how are you trapped today? Does sin have you skittering for
cover from God’s gaze? It’s time to repent and step into the light of His awesome,
all-knowing presence. —Tom Felten
As you read Proverbs 15:3, consider God’s omniscience and how
it both comforts and convicts you.
How have you recently been trapped by a sin? How does the fact that
God is all-knowing affect the way you live?
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more