Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Got a good memory? Recent research conducted in the Netherlands and published in the medical journal Child Development reveals that babies can remember things quite well, even when they're still in the womb! The sonogram-based study showed that at 30 weeks, babies in utero display short-term memory. By 34 weeks, they can store information and retrieve it up to a month later. As scientists continue to study the early stages of human life, one fact shines brightly: Babies in the womb are living, growing persons. That's why abortion is a big deal.
In Exodus 20, when God gave Israel the words to help them follow His ways, He stated "you must not murder" (v.13). The wanton destruction of another human being is despised by God, for people are made in His image (Genesis 1:26-27, 9:6). Persons, even the tiniest ones, are precious image-bearers of Him. The Hebrew word for murder used in verse 13 is found just 47 times in the Old Testament. Of the seven possible Hebrew words that mean "to kill," it's the one that speaks the strongest of premeditation and intentionality, words that describe the act of abortion. God allows for the taking of life in certain instances such as killing an animal for food (9:2-3), the execution of murderers by the government (Genesis 9:6), the death of a burglar attempting to rob your home (Exodus 22:2), accidental killings (Deuteronomy 19:5), and certain types of war (Joel 3:9-10). Abortion is not acceptable to God, however, for it involves the killing of innocents, babies who are individual persons created in His image.
By God's grace, those who have been involved in abortions can find forgiveness in Jesus. But today, regardless of the past, each of us should remember that even babies in the womb display memory. They are persons, made in the image of God. , Tom Felten
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more