What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have
the skill to recognize the difference between right
and wrong (v.14).
If you’re a hiker who depends on a trusted compass to
find your way through the wilderness, it might be time
to invest in a GPS device. Why? The earth’s magnetic
field is changing. According to scientists, the magnetic
poles are “sliding towards Siberia at 34 miles per year at
a speed that has accelerated 36 percent over the past 10
years.” A compass, which relies on magnetic north, can
no longer be trusted. The good news is that fluctuations in
the magnetic field have occurred throughout history. Just
get that Garmin and you’ll be fine!
It’s obvious that there has been some serious “sliding”
in the way people view morality. We could definitely use
a moral compass fixed on a true north. That’s what the
writer of Hebrews presented to his readers in chapter 5.
These fluctuating believers, likely from house churches
in Rome, were “spiritually dull” and needed to be
taught once again “the basic things about God’s Word”
(vv.11-12). The writer wanted them to step up their intake
of “solid” Scripture so that they could “recognize the
difference between right and wrong” (v.14).
God’s Word provides the unchanging instruction we
need. It’s our moral compass to navigate life in a way
that glorifies Him. Take a few moments and read through
some of the Bible’s clear directions:
• Exodus 20:1-17: God’s great commands to obey.
• Mark 7:20-23: Jesus’ partial list of immoral things to
• Ephesians 4:17–5:21: Paul’s contrasting of morally right and wrong behaviors.
If we don’t take the time to feed on and consciously apply God’s truth to our
lives, we’ll remain spiritually dull. The fixed point of our compass will simply
move with the masses. Get God’s “Garmin” to find your way through the
wilderness. Get into His Word to find true moral direction.
Read 2 Timothy 3:16 to see how God’s Word prepares us to address
the moral issues of life.
Why do some people feel they don’t need a moral compass? What’s
one area in your life that needs the application of God’s moral instruction
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more