MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
Completing its inaugural rotation in March 2000, the Eye of London provides riders with a sweeping view of England's capital city. Perhaps because it looks much like a giant Ferris wheel, the Eye has been the topic of mixed reviews. Its modern design stands in stark contrast to the deeply historical architecture it looks over.
The Eye reminds me of the grandness and clarity of God's view of events in this world, as compared to our finite perspectives. Because our fallen nature bends toward self-absorption, we easily become wrapped up in what we can see with our physical eyes. In the midst of his suffering, Job hungered for a context in which to place the deep pain he experienced. Confused by God's seeming silence, he exclaimed, "I cry to You, O God, but You don't answer. I stand before You, but You don't even look" (Job 30:20). The question has echoed throughout the centuries: Does God see? Scripture answers clearly. Not only does He see beyond what we comprehend, but nothing transpires in our lives without His attention (Job 34:21; Psalm 34:15). God's response to Job was not to answer the why's of his suffering. Instead, He called attention to the greatness of His sovereignty. While God was more than capable of leaving Job in the dust in brokenness and shame, His purpose was greater than making Job feel little. If He is powerful enough to contain the boundaries of the oceans (38:8-11), then certainly He has the strength to sustain us through all things, even life-altering pain.
More than a peripheral glance, we are the apple of His eye (Deuteronomy 32:10 NIV; Zechariah 2:8). His perspective, however, often involves answers beyond our comprehension. Peace comes in knowing that He sees completely, anticipating our need (2 Corinthians 9:8-11). , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more