He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
Man and Woman
This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one (v.32).
Ah, December . . . shimmering, white snow caressing the ground—and streets. But in time, traffic and dirt will alter the roadside snow, resulting in a sullied state.
Marriage is facing a similar plight. As some people call for same-sex unions, they use compelling arguments based in a progressivist view of history. Isn’t it good that women now vote and that slavery is abolished?Yes, that’s progress! Well, shouldn’t people be able to marry someone of the same gender? This sounds good, but God’s Word reveals something greater than progressive views; it contains the permanence of God’s perfect moral law and plans.
In God’s Word, we find that marriage is a God-ordained institution: “As the Scriptures say, ‘A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one’ ” (Ephesians 5:31). The apostle Paul then describes what marriage points to: “This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one” (v.32). Human marriage reflects the beauty of our relationship with Jesus as His bride (v.27)—He is the “head of the church” just as “a husband is the head of his wife” (v.23).
The loving authority of Jesus as our Savior and Lord is seen in these words: “Christ is also the head of the church, which is His body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead” (Colossians 1:18). How interesting it is to note that Jesus Himself said, “When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage” (Matthew 22:30).
Marriage will not be needed in heaven, for the perfect union of Christ and His bride (the church) will be manifest. Marriage today, perfectly designed by God’s authority as between a man and woman, should honor and point to Him.
Read Matthew 25:1 and note who the characters in this story represent. What does the parable reveal about marriage and our relationship with Jesus?
What are other biblical reasons why marriage should be solely between a man and woman? Why is it important to understand the sacred way God views marriage?
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more