Test of CourageRead Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God.
Top Christian Music Videos
Man and Woman
This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one (v.32).
Ah, December . . . shimmering, white snow caressing the ground—and streets. But in time, traffic and dirt will alter the roadside snow, resulting in a sullied state.
Marriage is facing a similar plight. As some people call for same-sex unions, they use compelling arguments based in a progressivist view of history. Isn’t it good that women now vote and that slavery is abolished?Yes, that’s progress! Well, shouldn’t people be able to marry someone of the same gender? This sounds good, but God’s Word reveals something greater than progressive views; it contains the permanence of God’s perfect moral law and plans.
In God’s Word, we find that marriage is a God-ordained institution: “As the Scriptures say, ‘A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one’ ” (Ephesians 5:31). The apostle Paul then describes what marriage points to: “This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one” (v.32). Human marriage reflects the beauty of our relationship with Jesus as His bride (v.27)—He is the “head of the church” just as “a husband is the head of his wife” (v.23).
The loving authority of Jesus as our Savior and Lord is seen in these words: “Christ is also the head of the church, which is His body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead” (Colossians 1:18). How interesting it is to note that Jesus Himself said, “When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage” (Matthew 22:30).
Marriage will not be needed in heaven, for the perfect union of Christ and His bride (the church) will be manifest. Marriage today, perfectly designed by God’s authority as between a man and woman, should honor and point to Him.
Read Matthew 25:1 and note who the characters in this story represent. What does the parable reveal about marriage and our relationship with Jesus?
What are other biblical reasons why marriage should be solely between a man and woman? Why is it important to understand the sacred way God views marriage?
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more