Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
Paul needed help. He said that his "ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else" (Romans 15:20). This pioneering spirit lifted Paul's eyes to the western edge of the Roman Empire. He had to go to Spain.
Since Rome was halfway to Spain, Paul planned to break his trip into two parts. He would travel to Rome, and after rest and fellowship with the church there, he'd continue on his way. Paul made arrangements for his journey by writing a letter (Romans) to the church in Rome.
We don't know whether Paul ever made it to Spain. If he didn't, then he died with an unfulfilled dream. Yet his effort was not wasted, for in the process of planning his trip Paul wrote the richest doctrinal book in the entire Bible. Our Christian faith would be impoverished without his epistle to the Romans.
Unrealized dreams can yield their own reward. You may feel that you're spinning your wheels, that life has not turned out as you had hoped. But if you think about it, the simple act of pursuing your dream has already done much good.
Perhaps you never completed your education, yet you are better off for the classes you took than if you had never started. Maybe you were passed over for promotion, yet your quest for a certain job has sharpened your skills and made you a valuable employee. Your cure may not have come, yet your months of prayer and suffering have drawn you to God and softened your heart for others. Dreams do much good, even (and perhaps especially) when they're unfulfilled. , Mike Wittmer, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more