What Sets Us FreeDo you ever try to earn points with God?
Top Music Videos
An F16 fighter jet is an amazing aircraft with incredible capabilities. But there's one thing that a jet pilot requires above all else: The F16 must respond to his control.
God has much to say in Deuteronomy about why He must be at the controls of our life. The book is the story of Israel's renewed covenant with God, one that would guide the nation to His blessings. In chapter 11, Moses outlined the motivations for obedience:
â€¢ Obedience is the appropriate response for those who have experienced the discipline of the Lord and have seen His greatness (vv.1-7). â€¢ Obedience to God, and only obedience, leads to real life, helping us soar past empty pursuits (vv.8-12). â€¢ Obedience allows us to enjoy God's blessings (vv.13-15).
Next, Moses warns us to avoid flying headlong into the trap of thinking that . . .
â€¢ There is no consequence for disobedience (vv.16-17). â€¢ There is no reward for being obedient (vv.18-21). â€¢ There is no one to watch over us, so we need to fight for our rights. Instead, Scripture reveals that God will "drive out" our enemies, "stretch" out the land before us, and "cause the people to fear and dread [us]," as we follow Him (vv.22-25). â€¢ There is little difference between choosing obedience or being disobedient (vv.26-32).
A. W. Tozer wrote, "The true follower of Christ will not ask, â€˜If I embrace this truth, what will it cost me?' Rather he will say, â€˜This is truth. God help me to walk in it, let come what may!' "
Obedience to the God who "pilots" our ways and days is the key to a life of joy and excellence. , Poh Fang Chia, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more