Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
An F16 fighter jet is an amazing aircraft with incredible capabilities. But there's one thing that a jet pilot requires above all else: The F16 must respond to his control.
God has much to say in Deuteronomy about why He must be at the controls of our life. The book is the story of Israel's renewed covenant with God, one that would guide the nation to His blessings. In chapter 11, Moses outlined the motivations for obedience:
â€¢ Obedience is the appropriate response for those who have experienced the discipline of the Lord and have seen His greatness (vv.1-7). â€¢ Obedience to God, and only obedience, leads to real life, helping us soar past empty pursuits (vv.8-12). â€¢ Obedience allows us to enjoy God's blessings (vv.13-15).
Next, Moses warns us to avoid flying headlong into the trap of thinking that . . .
â€¢ There is no consequence for disobedience (vv.16-17). â€¢ There is no reward for being obedient (vv.18-21). â€¢ There is no one to watch over us, so we need to fight for our rights. Instead, Scripture reveals that God will "drive out" our enemies, "stretch" out the land before us, and "cause the people to fear and dread [us]," as we follow Him (vv.22-25). â€¢ There is little difference between choosing obedience or being disobedient (vv.26-32).
A. W. Tozer wrote, "The true follower of Christ will not ask, â€˜If I embrace this truth, what will it cost me?' Rather he will say, â€˜This is truth. God help me to walk in it, let come what may!' "
Obedience to the God who "pilots" our ways and days is the key to a life of joy and excellence. , Poh Fang Chia, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more