Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - September, 10 2012 "Collapsed"9/10/2012 - In the past few years, my kids and I started a Christmas tradition of making gingerbread houses with some friends.
- Daily Devotional - August, 31 2012 "Attractive Gossip"8/30/2012 - Hazel Namandingo says that so many people haveHIV and AIDS in her homeland of Malawi that singles often rely on gossip to figure out who is safe to date or marry.
- Daily Devotional - August, 30 2012 "Revised Living"8/29/2012 - I have a somewhat obsessive behavior when it comes to writing down anything lengthy on paper. I hate making a mistake.
- Daily Devotional - August, 29 2012 "Heart Transplant"8/28/2012 - Dan Olson is a marathon runner and long-distance cyclist. He’s also a heart transplant recipient.
- Daily Devotional - August, 27 2012 "Stop Fooling Yourself"8/26/2012 - According to a newspaper report, the police ticketed a New Zealander man 32 times over a 5-year period. Why? For not wearing a seatbelt.
- Daily Devotional - August, 24 2012 "Bag It Yourself?"8/23/2012 - A few years back, do-it-yourself checkout at US grocerystores was in vogue—but not these days.
- Daily Devotional - August, 23 2012 "Miraculous Love"8/22/2012 - Hymnwriter Edwin Hodder wrote, “Thy Word is like a deep, deep mine; and jewels rich and rare are hidden in its mighty depths for every searcher there.”
- Daily Devotional - August, 22 2012 "Golden Handcuffs"8/21/2012 - Friends of mine are acquainted with a media leader. He invited them to appear on his television show to talk about a family tragedy, and he was so impressed by their faith in Christ that he invited them back.
- Daily Devotional - August, 21 2012 "Timeless Message"8/20/2012 - Hurry home! —Dad. Foraging through old boxes, as my husband and I cleaned out our garage, I started to cry when I saw that brief note.
- Daily Devotional - August, 20 2012 "Born Twice"8/19/2012 - The other day I noticed a bumper sticker on the back of an SUV that read, “Born right, the first time.”
- Daily Devotional - August, 17 2012 "Hard Work"8/16/2012 - "Hey, Dad! It’s Micah. All that hard work finally paid off. I made gold defense (starting defense). I’m so happy. These are just baby steps to my days in the pros."
- Daily Devotional - August, 16 2012 "Bread of Life "8/15/2012 - I’ve never known true, life-threatening hunger. There have been occasions where my stomach gnawed for food and where I felt the ragged edge of hunger pains.
- Daily Devotional - August, 15 2012 "Tangible Creativity"8/14/2012 - A friend named Erik Lokkesmoe, a successful audience mobilization agency founder and principal, recently shared on Facebook:
- Daily Devotional - August, 14 2012 "Murderous Intent"8/13/2012 - At its best, anger alerts us to injustice. At its worst, anger becomes murderous in intent. Beyond wanting to see a wrong righted, we find ourselves wishing the destruction of a person—through the use of words if not a gun.
- Daily Devotional - August, 13 2012 "Common Ground"8/12/2012 - The Good Book: A Humanist Biblewas recently published by atheist author A. C. Grayling.
- Daily Devotional - August, 10 2012 "Finding Beauty"8/9/2012 - As we walked through a small nature preserve near our house, my son surprised me when he said, “God was pretty amazing when He made swamps.