Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional, April 17, 2012 "Faith & Work"4/16/2012 - One of my favorite quotes from John Wesley is, “Pray like it depends on God; work like it depends on you.” I don’t always live it, but it echoes something an old wise king once said.
- Daily Devotional, April 16, 2012 "Hit & Run"4/15/2012 - One evening, just before midnight, an automobile slammed into the side of our house. I woke up to what sounded like an explosion, but then I heard the muffled noise of a car radio and the squealing of tires as the driver fled the scene.
- Daily Devotional, April 13, 2012 "Practical Holiness"4/12/2012 - Holiness is perhaps one of the most misunderstood terms of our time. A study by The Barna Group reveals that though the Bible talks a lot about holiness, most people are confused and even apprehensive about what it means.
- Daily Devotional, April 12, 2012 "Sequels"4/11/2012 - A sequel is typically a book or film that continues the story of some previous work. Last year was the year of movie sequels.
- Daily Devotional, April 11, 2012 "Opportunity"4/10/2012 - A cave-in left 33 men trapped deep underground in a copper and gold mine in northern Chile. The men battled despair during the initial hours, when dust from the collapse choked their lungs and cloaked the mine in darkness.
- Daily Devotional, April 10, 2012 "Fear"4/9/2012 - During my first 3 years in Uganda, I had occasional contact with blood as I held dying children, helped to dress wounds and open tumors, and sought to comfort AIDS and cancer patients.
- Daily Devotional, April 9, 2012 "Sydnie & Me"4/8/2012 - Last year I went through a bone marrow transplant (BMT). By God’s grace, I didn’t go it alone. Family and friends walked with me through the procedure and subsequent months of recovery.
- Daily Devotional, April 6, 2012 "I Am"4/5/2012 - "Operation Kiss” had commenced—the green light given at the highest level. The target was seen crossing the valley and entering the olive orchard.
- Daily Devotional, April 5, 2012 "Unexpected Journeys"4/4/2012 - Unexpected journeys. Little and big—life is full of them. A quick trip to the grocery store turns into a car accident, injuries, and several months of recuperation.
- Daily Devotional, April 2, 2012 "New Swimmers"4/1/2012 - In February of 2011, Andrew Wilson, an Australian fisherman was fishing off the coast of New South Wales when he was thrown from his boat by a large wave.
- Daily Devotional, March 30, 2012 "Gator Aid"3/29/2012 - When Alexis Dunbar returned home, she received a huge surprise. A living, breathing alligator was lurking in her guest bedroom!
- Daily Devotional, March 29, 2012 "Sweet Speech"3/28/2012 - She said, ‘I hope you won’t be in my class next year.’ ” One evening during dinner with my kids, I was surprised when my 9-year-old randomly shared an incident that had taken place at school.
- Daily Devotional, March 28, 2012 "Prayer For The Sheep"3/27/2012 - The Psalms are diverse prayers. The Psalter (the name for all the Psalms collected together) is a prayer and song book.
- Daily Devotional, March 27, 2012 "Monday to Friday"3/26/2012 - The words must have sounded naïve. I wonder if Peter even stifled a snicker. After a long, exhausting—and ultimately unsuccessful—night’s work, he was thinking of a hot breakfast and a comfortable bed.
- Daily Devotional, March 26, 2012 "Wasted Brainwaves"3/25/2012 - I chatted with a close friend while standing in line at a local coffeehouse. But then a sliver of worry pierced the moment.
- Daily Devotional, March 23, 2012 "Waiting To Adopt"3/22/2012 - Few things are as beautiful as witnessing an orphaned child’s transformation when he or she is adopted into a loving and nurturing home.