Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - January 18, 2013 "Toughest Critic"1/17/2013 - Have you, like me, ever had a person in your life who in many ways is a friend, but is also your toughest critic? If so, do you wonder how to respond properly to this person?
- Daily Devotional - January 17, 2013 "What God Looks Like"1/16/2013 - In March of 2012, Americans listened with regret and repulsion as we heard reports of an American soldier in Afghanistan who went on a killing spree in a rural Afghan village.
- Daily Devotional - January 16, 2013 "In a Word"1/15/2013 - This past week I’ve been working on a labor of love. My wife, Lynn, is reaching a significant birthday milestone, so I’ve decided to throw her a party. One game I came up with is “Lynn in a word.”
- Daily Devotional - January 14, 2013 "True Value"1/13/2013 - Johannes Gutenberg had an idea that would change the world, but he needed money to finance it.
- Daily Devotional - January 13, 2013 "Accepting Correction"1/12/2013 - “Atheists are so limp-wristed because they have nothing to stand for! #ultimatecowards” “Atheists have no morality. They will hug a tree and murder a baby in its mother’s womb! #confused”
- Daily Devotional - January 12, 2013 "The Benefits of Giving"1/11/2013 - Did you know that the apostle Paul never quotes Jesus in any of his New Testament books?
- Daily Devotional - January 11, 2013 "Not Fooled"1/11/2013 - “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” —Mark Twain
- Daily Devotional - January 9, 2013 "Don't Stop"1/8/2013 - He was alone for most of his ministry. It seemed that no one cared to hear his words.
- Daily Devotional - January 7, 2013 "Victorious Faith"1/6/2013 - Tukutana, the nonprofit organization I direct in East Africa, is funding the education of a young lady named Acayo Sarah.
- Daily Devotional - January 6, 2013 "The Shrinking Self"1/5/2013 - My boys like to play tag. For the moment I can still outrun them. One of our favorite spots to play is a green space in our neighborhood.
- Daily Devotional - January 5, 2013 "Turning Away" 1/4/2013 - His tears revealed the sincerity of his sorrow. My young friend, a member of the youth group I work with, was torn up inside.
- Daily Devotional - January 4, 2013 "Second Glance"1/3/2013 - Alex Eklund likes beautiful women. He believes, however, that true beauty comes from the heart and character of a woman.
- Daily Devotional - January 3, 2013 "Stand Up"1/2/2013 - Evil doesn’t need numbers. History’s most horrific acts were committed by only a handful of perpetrators. These agents of evil didn’t persuade others to join in their sin; they only convinced them to go along.
- Daily Devotional - January 2, 2013 "My Word"1/1/2013 - As an author, I’ve signed a few contracts. I’ve asked others to sign them too. What I dislike most about contracts is their endless clauses, spelled out in detailed legal jargon.
- Daily Devotional - January 1, 2013 "Simply Love"12/31/2012 - The hope of change is in the air as we enter the New Year. It’s the anticipation of a new outlook or a new direction or the chance to do things differently.
- Daily Devotional - December 31, 2012 "No Different?"12/30/2012 - Conned out of a large sum of money by a business partner, who claimed to be deacon in a church, my friend’s anger and disenchantment ran deep.