Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Daily Devotional - June 30, 2013 "Who’s Seeking Whom?"6/29/2013 - Zach was a lonely guy. If there was a party, he wasn’t invited. In fact, when he walked down the city streets, he could feel the hostile glares boring into his back.
- Daily Devotional - June 28, 2013 "Imagine"6/28/2013 - In 1971, John Lennon wrote a song about heaven and hell. The British public voted ”Imagine” their nation’s favorite song in 1999, and it earned Lennon a Grammy Hall of Fame Award that same year.
- Daily Devotional - June 27, 2013 "Sculpting a Stump"6/26/2013 - One morning, I noticed a man with a chainsaw cutting down a large tree in front of some local farm buildings.
- Daily Devotional - June 26, 2013 "Stop Trying"6/26/2013 - Alcoholics Anonymous, also known as “AA,” is a worldwide movement that attempts to help alcoholics break free from their addiction to drinking.
- Daily Devotional - June 25, 2013 "Unpopular"6/24/2013 - Chick-fil-A is a popular American fast food chain whose president, Dan Cathy, also happens to be a Christian. Biblical values permeate its 1,600+ restaurants which are always closed on Sunday.
- Daily Devotional - June 24, 2013 "A Baby’s Cry"6/23/2013 - Recently, one state in the US instituted a law requiring each pregnant woman considering an abortion to watch a sonogram of her unborn child, receive medically accurate explanations of what she views, and listen to her baby’s heartbeat.
- Daily Devotional - June 23, 2013 "A Lot by a Lot"6/22/2013 - The first 4 years my adopted Ugandan son was with me, I experienced no fears about the future or my ability to support him.
- Daily Devotional - June 22, 2013 "Downed by Love"6/21/2013 - One of my deep joys as a pastor has been to baptize both of my sons. I have a picture taken just before I went into the baptismal pool with one of my boys.
- Daily Devotional - June 21, 2013 "We Are Family"6/21/2013 - We often say in the church that we’re a family, and we address each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. But what does that really mean? What implications does the word family hold?
- Daily Devotional - June 20, 2013 "Walls"6/20/2013 - Walls are designed to keep people safe. But walls also divide, keeping people apart. The 96-mile (155 km) Berlin Wall kept the East Germans in
- Daily Devotional - June 19, 2013 "Watching"6/18/2013 - Watch me, Mom!” On any given day, these words resonate through our house as our kids seek to entertain us or attempt a new skill.
- Daily Devotional - June 18, 2013 "Place for the Unfit"6/17/2013 - Downsize Fitness is a health club with a unique niche. It caters only to people who want to lose at least 50 pounds.
- Daily Devotional - June 17, 2013 "Intimidation of the Bible"6/16/2013 - The Bible can intimidate me sometimes. Certain statements bring on the guilt.
- Daily Devotional - June 16, 2013 "Village of Eternity"6/15/2013 - British journalist Tracey Lawson visited Campodimele, Italy, and dubbed it the “Village of Eternity.” The 1,000-year-old town rests like a crown atop a mountain, and the average resident lives 95 years.
- Daily Devotional - June 15, 2013 "Had to Go There"6/14/2013 - Author Elizabeth Berg once wrote, “You know the phrase ‘It’s always in the little things’? In writing, it is always the little things—it’s the details . . . that make a character and a story come alive.”
- Daily Devotional - June 14, 2013 "Backslap Back!"6/13/2013 - When I lived in China, I had an American friend who was radically committed to bringing the gospel to that nation.