Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Guilty as Charged10/19/2013 - John said that we’re to “produce fruit in keeping with repentance.”
- What Kind of Sorrow?10/18/2013 - When our sorrow does not lead to God-centered transformation, it becomes self-pity and unproductive grief, and it leads to death.
- A Good Worker10/17/2013 - Some of us feel that we could never be good enough to deserve such the label "good worker." How do we assess ourselves correctly?
- Being Messed With10/16/2013 - In Colossians, Paul cast a vision for a new humanity, an entirely new order of human existence brought into being by Jesus Christ.
- Don't Be Dumb10/15/2013 - The next time you’re tempted to lust, open your eyes and look at the wreckage around you. Don’t be dumb.
- A Better Plan10/14/2013 - When God allows our plans to be altered and even squashed, how do we react? Do we respond with anger and self-pity?
- The Rock10/13/2013 - Israel went looking for other rocks besides Yahweh—gods or sources of stability, strength, and refuge—and experienced extreme disappointment.
- Living Differently10/12/2013 - In what ways can we become numb to the influence of secular media? How can we discern if our media choices have become a place of idolatry?
- Peace Work10/11/2013 - We don’t have answers for all the injustice in the world. But we can be assured of this: God wants us to do our part to work for justice.
- Prepare the Way10/10/2013 - Like John, we must actively “prepare the way for the Lord’s coming!” so that “all people will see the salvation sent from God”
- Tale of Two Sons10/9/2013 - Submission to God’s authority in Christ demands more than mere words. It’s a call to obey Him.
- All You Need Is Love10/8/2013 - When you get to the core of things, it’s true that what we all really need, what we’re all longing for, is love.
- Disappointments10/7/2013 - Read 1 Samuel 30:3-6 and see how David endured disappointment and distress.
- Unfold His Word10/6/2013 - It’s only when we communicate with God and place our confidence in Him and His Word that we’ll experience peace that surpasses understanding.
- Right With God10/5/2013 - Traditional Protestants follow Martin Luther’s insight that sinners like us can’t do enough good works to satisfy a holy God.
- Art of Removal10/4/2013 - Consistent study of God’s Word will help us stay true to Him and repent of what’s false in our lives. Practice the art of removal today.