“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.”
- Daily Devotional, July 19, 2012 "Asking for Prayer"7/18/2012 - A friend recently shared the following true story that illustrates the importance of having others pray for us.
- Daily Devotional, July 18, 2012 "Perfect Harmony"7/17/2012 - Amy Chua’s 7-year-old daughter Lulu was struggling to master a difficult piece of classical piano music.
- Daily Devotional, July 17, 2012 "Good Christian, Bad Citizen?"7/16/2012 - As a conquered people, the Jews were heavily taxed by the Romans. The annual poll tax of one denarius (a day’s salary for a common laborer), was most hated—not because of its amount, but because it was a shameful reminder that they were a subjugated people.
- Daily Devotional, July 16, 2012 "Transience"7/15/2012 - When Sinclair Lewis, Nobel Prize winner for Literature, died and was cremated in 1951, his ashes were sent to Rome’s American embassy for disposal.
- Daily Devotional, July 12, 2012 "Beyond Reciprocity" 7/13/2012 - If there’s one law that pervades the world, it’s the law of reciprocity. Simply put, reciprocity is the notion of mutual exchange or fair return. It’s the basis of many social interactions:
- Daily Devotional, July 12, 2012 "All Ages, All Stages"7/12/2012 - We need all ages to help make our faith grow. So say Dr. Kara Powell and Dr. Chap Clark.
- Daily Devotional, July 11, 2012 "Community"7/10/2012 - I went through a phase where I stopped going to church. I had no friends yet in the new city where I had moved and I simply didn’t want to walk into a sanctuary alone.
- Daily Devotional, July 10, 2012 "Costly Mistakes"7/9/2012 - I’ve never stood in high places or wielded authority over the masses, but in my little corner of the world I’ve felt its pull. Whether I’m trying to keep my heart from pain, make my husband agree with me, or prevent my children from experiencing hardship, the root is the same—control.
- Daily Devotional, July 9, 2012 "Love Hurts"7/6/2012 - Olivia Wilde is a movie star who divorced her Italian prince because their marriage was requiring more effort and returning less fun.
- Daily Devotional, July 6, 2012 "Clean Utensils"7/5/2012 - Have you ever been dining at a restaurant—sitting before a plate of appetizing, mouth-watering food, when suddenly you discovered (to your horror) that your utensils were encrusted with food from a previous patron?
- Daily Devotional, July 5, 2012 "Careful Consideration"7/5/2012 - Have you ever been having a heated conversation with someone and impulsively said something mean? As soon as the words left your mouth, you knew the kind of negative impact they would have on the person
- Daily Devotional, July 4, 2012 "Exercising Love"7/3/2012 - Most Christians are familiar with 1 Corinthians 13 and even some non-Christians can recite portions of it. The beauty and wisdom in this great hymn of love is easy to appreciate, but when it comes to application . . . well, that’s another story.
- Daily Devotional, July 3, 2012 "Brothers & Sisters"7/2/2012 - Julian and Adrian Riester were born in Buffalo, New York, in 1919. The identical twins lived their lives in sync—attending the same schools (where they enjoyed switching identities and fooling teachers) and taking many trips together over their 92 years on earth.
- Daily Devotional, July 2, 2012 "Life & Submission"7/1/2012 - Jesus taught us to lay down our lives for others. At its most costly moments, I believe this submission of our wills happens in four progressive stages. The first stage is recognition.
- Daily Devotional, June 29, 2012 "Sin's Receipt"6/29/2012 - I was walking through a museum exhibit about the American Civil War when I came across a chilling item. It was a receipt, like what you might get from a shop.
- Daily Devotional, June 28, 2012 "Faith in a Box"6/27/2012 - Having purchased fire-escape ladders for our two-story home, we decided to take them out of the box and practice using them before the onset of an emergency.
No playlists found for this account.