Saulo was 16 when he drove the getaway car for a robbery that ended in murder. Now 32, Saulo says, “I remember sitting in the county jail...
- Daily Devotional - May 8, 2013 "65 Gifts"5/8/2013 - Doug Eaton wanted to celebrate his 65th birthday in an uncommon fashion. When he asked his friends how he should celebrate the big day, one suggested that he perform 65 random acts of kindness.
- Daily Devotional - May 7, 2013 "True Love"5/6/2013 - When I stopped by a nearby restaurant to pick up some food, a guy and a girl standing in the parking lot caught my attention.
- Daily Devotional - May 6, 2013 "Freeing Money"5/5/2013 - Among the poor, I’ve often encountered extravagant generosity. In the Amazon jungle, locals stretched their meager resources to provide me with daily meals.
- Daily Devotional - May 5, 2013 "Clear of Corruption"5/4/2013 - An advisor I recently consulted was highly recommended by a large, established Christian organization.
- Daily Devotional - May 4, 2013 "Stay Hungry"5/3/2013 - It’s often more difficult to stay on top than it is to get there. This is true in sports: A young boxer trains hard as he fights his way through the ranks, but once he wins a championship he becomes lazy and loses his title to a new, hungrier challenger.
- Daily Devotional - May 3, 2013 "He Said, She Said"5/3/2013 - A radio broadcast of H. G. Wells’ novel The War of the Worlds panicked thousands of listeners back in 1938.
- Daily Devotional - May 2, 2013 "Forever Sacrifice"5/2/2013 - An attempt by climbers in 1936 to scale the north face of the Eiger is depicted in the film North Face.
- Daily Devotional - May 1, 2013 "Daily Bread"4/30/2013 - I work for a Christian ministry whose flagship publication is titled Our Daily Bread.
- Daily Devotional - April 30, 2013 "For a Lifetime"4/29/2013 - David Brooks, in his book The Social Animal,details how Gary McPherson studied 157 randomly selected children who had chosen to play a musical instrument.
- Daily Devotional - April 29, 2013 "The Promised Spirit"4/28/2013 - In a world where promises are easily made and broken, many people are skeptical about the value of them.
- Daily Devotional - April 28, 2013 "Lost in the Dark"4/27/2013 - Last March, the Ecuadorian navy rescued 18-year-old Adrian Vasquez after he had aimlessly floated 28 days across the ocean on a 10-foot schooner.
- Daily Devotional - April 27, 2013 "Doing God's Will"4/26/2013 - The young missionary couple was confused. Certain that God had called them to serve in a specific mission field, they shared their calling with the church leadership.
- Daily Devotional - April 26, 2013 "The Question"4/25/2013 - Here’s something you will never read in an obituary: “Susan Abernathy is survived by Harold, her husband of 47 years, three children, and six grandchildren. Susan was treasurer of the West Kalloon Realtor’s Association, director of numerous Vacation Bible Schools, and finished the human race in 823rd place.”
- Daily Devotional - April 25, 2013 "A Living Picture"4/24/2013 - On a visit to the Passages Interactive Bible Exhibit, I was reminded of the beauty and scholarship of Scripture.
- Daily Devotional - April 24, 2013 "The Big Chill"4/23/2013 - Recently, scientists discovered the answer to why we occasionally experience that dreaded “brain freeze” when eating ice cream.
- Daily Devotional - April 23, 2013 "Whose Will?"4/22/2013 - Generation Ex-Christianis a book about younger believers leaving Christianity. Drew Dyck, the author of the book, chronicles one interview he had with a young man who left Christianity to join the Wiccans: “Ultimately why I left is that the Christian God demands that you submit to His will.
No playlists found for this account.