Mother Warns Of Reusable Water Balloons After Daughter Ends Up In ER

Mother Warns Of Reusable Water Balloons After Daughter Ends Up In ER

One mother is warning other parents about the danger of magnets in refillable water balloons after her 8-year-old girl was rushed to the hospital screaming in pain.

Parents hope for and desire nothing more than for their children to enjoy a safe, happy and carefree childhood. Whenever that is not the case, whether it be due to a disease, an illness or some other reason, parents can be left feeling distraught and hopeless. Unfortunately, one mother in Ohio experienced that feeling of helplessness, and she’s now warning other parents.

In a clip posted on YouTube, Kelley Whitty recalls the traumatizing and scary situation that resulted in her 8-year-old daughter, Leah, having to be sedated at the hospital. Medical professionals then worked to remove six magnets from the child’s nose.

Kelley states that the situation began innocently enough after Leah had finished enjoying time in the pool at a friend’s house. 

“I got a call from the friend’s mom, and she was like, ‘Hey, we were all in the pool.’ Leah got out, grabbed a towel, wiped her face and just started screaming,’” Kelley said.

No one was sure what was happening with the child. Leah mentioned she was experiencing “burning and stinging in her nose.” Unsure of what was happening, Kelley took her daughter to the hospital for help.

At first, those medical professionals were baffled as well. But as they continued working, they spotted something shiny in the youngster’s nose. The child had six magnets in her nostrils – four on one side and two on the other. The magnets had “bonded in each side of her nose,” Kelley said.

“Nobody ever wants to see their children hurt or in pain,” Kelley said. “And then the fact that I kind of sit back in the corner of the room and watch these doctors and nurses lay on top of her and try to remove these. I kind of had to comfort her from a distance. That was really hard.”

A doctor in the clip stated that if someone were to swallow multiple magnets, they could potentially try and bond and may damage tissues or intestines. 

Proverbs 22:6 “If a child is trained up in the right way, even when he is old, he will not be turned away from it.”

Related Videos