Identity and Gender: What Should a Christian Think about Gender Ideology?February 6, 2023 ● 20 min
Share this episode
1. Who are You? (The Who)
2. Roots of Identity Revolution and Gender Ideology
3. Who You Are
4. The Bible on Gender
5. A Christian Response (Romans 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
 Pascal, Blaise. Pensées (Penguin Classics) (p. 120). Penguin Books Ltd. Kindle Edition.
1. “John Money and the Origins of Gender Theory” (five-minute video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBGrP3AP0_Y.
2. Douglas Groothuis, Fire in the Streets (Salem Books, 2022). On critical race theory, but relates to gender ideology.
3. Douglas Groothuis, Truth Decay (InterVarsity Press, 2000). Explains the decline in the idea of truth, which is a key feature of gender ideology.
4. Douglas Groothuis, Christian Apologetics, 2nd ed. (InterVarsity Academic, 2022).
5. Francis Schaeffer, The God Who is There, signature edition (1968; InterVarsity, 2020).
6. Francis Schaeffer, How Should We Then Live? (Crossway). The big picture on Western culture and its decline. Also a film series, which is on YouTube.
7. Nancy Pearcey, Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions About Life and Sexuality (Baker Books, 2017).
8. Carl Trueman, The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self (Crossway, 2020).
9. Carl Trueman, Strange New People (Crossway, 2022).
10. Matt Walsh, What is a Woman? (Daily Wire Press, 2022). See also the film, “What is a Woman?” which is excellent. Walsh often covers gender theory in his daily podcast, “The Matt Walsh Show.”
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer of Blessing - Your Daily Prayer - March 30
Claim these words of promise over every one of your situations. The Lord will show up and bless your life as much as you allow Him to.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.