How to Vacation-Proof Your MarriageMarch 14, 2023 ● 28 min
Share this episode
Have you and your spouse ever been on a getaway together or a family vacation and it didn’t go so well? We can relate! Today we’ll share a few of our stories, list some reasons you might be experiencing conflict away from home, and give you five marriage survival tips to help you vacation-proof your marriage.
5 Possible Reasons Couples Have Vacation Conflict
1. We’re out of our normal routine.
2. We’re “living” in small spaces.
3. We have different vacation styles.
4. We’re sleep deprived.
5. We’re navigating challenges with kids.
5 Must-Pack Marriage-Survival Tools for Vacation
1. Accurately assess your situation and realize sometimes it will bring out your worst.
2. Remember that you’ll be home soon and back to those regular, comfortable habits.
3. Fake it until you make it. You know you love your spouse; you just don’t feel like it.
4. Have a common enemy.
5. Laugh about it together and don’t wait until it’s all over.
Us Time Challenge
This week, look back at a previous vacation that maybe didn’t go so well. Talk and laugh about what you could have done differently. Focus on your own behavior and attitudes, not your spouse’s.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
• “Your Daily Routines Aren’t Mundane—They’re Actually Keeping You Sane and Healthy (It’s Science)” from RealSimple.com (https://www.realsimple.com/work-life/life-strategies/benefits-of-routines)
Team Us Resources
• Team Us: The Unifying Power of Grace, Commitment, and Cooperation in Marriage (https://ashleighslater.com/team-us/)
• FREE Team Us Study Guide (https://ashleighslater.com/team-us/free-team-us-study-guide/)
Connect with Ted and Ashleigh
• Website (https://ashleighslater.com/)
• Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ashleighslater_author/)
• Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ashleighslaterauthor)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer of Blessing - Your Daily Prayer - March 30
Claim these words of promise over every one of your situations. The Lord will show up and bless your life as much as you allow Him to.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
77 Bible Verses About Faith To Encourage You Today
Faith is a topic that reaches across the whole Bible. Abraham was credited in the Old Testament as the "Father of Faith" and in the New Testament Gospels, Jesus talks about faith. As you read through these Bible verses about faith today, try not to rush as many of us do through reading anything longer than a few paragraphs. I encourage you to take a deep breath and relax to slow yourself down. Let the word of God hit you today in a unique way. If a verse you read strikes you, try to read it again and then write it down as God is trying to speak to you through it. I am in prayer for each of the…