Searching For Humility | Richard Foster and Brenda QuinnMarch 1, 2023 ● 34 min
Share this episode
Richard Foster spent a year searching for and learning about the vanishing virtue of humility.
Because the Lord invited him to – and because he noticed that few were talking about humility and the world seemed to be pushing against it more and more.
He captured his journey of discovery in his newest book, Learning Humility: A Year of Searching for a Vanishing Virtue.
Richard didn’t write from the seat of one who has it all figured out but as a fellow traveler who wants us to notice all the beautiful sights along the way.
Listen in to this conversation – and then grab his book.
*** As listeners of So Much More, IV Press is graciously giving us 30% off and free shipping for 2 weeks (3/1/23-3/15/23) on both his print and digital book with the code MUCHMORE. You can use this link:
Some highlights from our conversation:
- Richard tells us why writing on the topic of humility was difficult and how his family responded to the project when he told them about it.
- Brenda shares why she was drawn to walking with Richard as he developed this book and what it taught her about humility.
- We discuss what Jesus teaches us about humility as a way of life in Matthew 18 and beyond.
- We talk about why Richard chose the Lakota calendar and Lakota virtues to help him write the book and what he learned about the Lakota people.
- We discuss Lent and how humility is a part of Lent.
- Finally, Richard reads his parting words to the readers of his book to us – and Brenda prays a lovely prayer over us.
You can learn more about Richard and Renovare at: https://renovare.org/
You can find Brenda at: https://renovare.org/people/brenda-quinn
You can follow Richard in Twitter: @FosterEveryday
You can order Richard’s book here: https://www.ivpress.com/richard-j-foster
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer of Blessing - Your Daily Prayer - March 30
Claim these words of promise over every one of your situations. The Lord will show up and bless your life as much as you allow Him to.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.