The Courage to Fight for Others – Ep. 49April 13, 2021 ● 16 min
Share this episode
In this episode, Jennifer Slattery takes a look at a time when evil threatened the line of David, the Messianic line of Christ (2 Chronicles 22-23). But one couple (Jehoiada and Jehosheba) summoned their courage, took a stance, and in so doing, saved an infant king who brought light to his people and helped preserve the line of Christ. May we all, like the courageous woman who surrendered seven long years of her life to protect and nurture this child, give our lives for those things of eternal value knowing when we engage and fight our battles God’s way, He fights on our behalf.
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find Wholly Loved, at:
Join the private Faith Over Fear Group Here:
Group Discussion Questions:
1. Who would you identify as society's most vulnerable?
2. In what ways might God be calling you to fight on their behalf?
3. What most challenges your obedience to do so?
4. In today’s episode, Jennifer talked about how Jehoiada “summoned his courage.” What are some ways you summon your courage?
5. In today’s episode, Jennifer talked about the importance of gathering others around us. Who might God be inviting to join you in your current battle?
6. How easy is it for you to seek and then wait on God’s timing in your current situation or when He calls you to something?
7. What are some ways you can become increasingly strategic in your battle plan?
8. Jennifer discussed the importance of remaining alert to God’s promises. What are some biblical promises you can draw strength and courage from?
9. What is one action step God is asking you to take this week in order to advance His light?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Ponomariova Maria
A Prayer for the Parent Who Feels Guilt - Your Daily Prayer - May 11
We must be like David, willing to remember our sins and the serious consequences they create.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.