Episode 13: The Courage to Face Our DoubtsMay 26, 2020 ● 28 min
Share this episode
In this episode, theologian Dave Montoya helps us understand why doubts feel so uncomfortable, how we can address them, and how we can come alongside others who are in places of doubt.
Find Dave’s church at https://www.northstate.church/
Find Jennifer at: https://www.jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com
Find her ministry, Wholly Loved, at: https://whollyloved.com/
Resources Dave Mentions:
The Myth of Certainty: The Reflective Christian and the Risk of Commitment by Daniel Taylor
God in the Dark: The Assurance of Faith Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt by Os Guinness
Doubting: Growing Through the Uncertainties of Faith by Alister McGrath
Group Discussion Questions:
1. How do you tend to respond when doubts arise?
2. How comfortable are you investigating hard questions?
3. When have you wrestled with a period of doubt or with difficult questions, and what was the result?
4. In what ways has honest investigation increased your faith?
5. In what ways does our faith “grow up” and mature?
6. How do you tend to feel when others express doubt?
7. What are some ways you can come alongside those who are doubting?
A Prayer for Loved Ones Who Are Far from God - Your Daily Prayer - September 21
God’s hope for us this season is this: He is able.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
35 Celebrities Stepping Up During The Coronavirus Pandemic To Help Others
Just like the rest of us, celebrities are having to quarantine themselves during the coronavirus pandemic. For now there are no live concerts, sporting events, plays, movies, or parties. That hasn’t stopped many celebrities from using technology and their social platform to support the community during this difficult time. Some have donated money, others are offering inspiring messages to encourage others. Here are 35 celebrities stepping up during the coronavirus pandemic to help others and keep spirits strong.