Courage to Wait on God (Genesis 16)February 28, 2023 ● 16 min
Share this episode
Many of us find it challenging to wait, especially when we're waiting for something we greatly desire or feel greatly affect our lives. But God will often use our waiting seasons to reveal cracks in our faith so that He can lead us to greater freedom and truth; so that He can lead us to increased trust and relational intimacy with Him. Our courage grows when we turn to Him, hold tight to His promises, and remind ourselves, often, of His heart for us. And when we mess up, like Abram did in Genesis 16, God offers us inconceivable grace and the opportunity to begin again.
(Scroll down for discussion/reflection questions.)
Resource mentioned: Reflections on the Names of God: 180 Devotions to Know God More Fully
Find Ava Pennington:
Find Jennifer Slattery:
- What resonated with you most in today's episode?
- Is there a situation in your life that you are tempted to believe is too big for God to work transform or intervene?
- What doubts tend to pop into your mind during prolonged waiting seasons?
- When have you worsened a situation through your attempts to help God?
- Think back on a time during which you had to wait on God and He responded in a powerful, loving, provisional, or protective way. How did that experience impact your faith?
- What are some truths you can hold tight to during your next waiting season?
- What is one action step God might be asking you take upon hearing this podcast episode?
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer of Blessing - Your Daily Prayer - March 30
Claim these words of promise over every one of your situations. The Lord will show up and bless your life as much as you allow Him to.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.