Breaking Free from DysfunctionJanuary 3, 2023 ● 17 min
Share this episode
Jesus came to restore everything as it should be. To bring increased health and fulfillment to a hurting, dysfunctional, and broken world. But sometimes our first steps toward the new life Christ calls us to feel scary. What if the change He calls us to damages our current relationships and we end up alone? In this episode, Kelly Campbell and Jennifer Slattery talk about what emotions Abram may have wrestled with when God first called him from the land of his dysfunction and what we can learn from his journey.
(Scroll down to find the group discussion questions)
Find Kelly Campbell and Wholly Loved, at: https://www.WhollyLoved.com
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find Wholly Loved Ministries at: WhollyLoved.com
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/442736966614671
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Group (also on Facebook):
Group Discussion Questions:
- What resonated with you most in this episode?
- In today’s episode, Jennifer talked about living in the “messy middle” where we’re not as unhealthy as we once were but where we also know we have room to grow. Consider your current relationships. Where are you in your journey? In what areas would you like to see increased health?
- When have you felt the need to make a healthy change in a relationship? What was that change, how did you respond, and what were the results?
- Why do you think change, even when we know the change is for our good, can feel so unsettling?
- If you had been Abram, what would you have struggled with most in regard to leaving your homeland?
- Why is it important to remember God’s heart for us when embarking on a challenging or uncertain journey?
- In today’s episode, what did Jennifer say is God’s heart for us? What type of life does He long for us to experience?
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
A Prayer for God to Make it Happen - Your Daily Prayer - February 8
Prayer is powerful. Our prayers are heard in heaven. Scripture says the Lord is already on the move in response before we are done praying. He loves us, His children. So why does it feel like our prayers go unnoticed and unanswered at times?
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.