Generous HeartsHave you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?
Top Christian Music Videos
By Lindsay Williams, inspired by Newsboys
I was finished...game over/ Couldn’t carry the weight on my shoulders/ At my end...in trouble/ Knocked down on the ground...seein’ double
Sometimes you just want to level it all and start again. Blow it up and rebuild. We’ve all been there. Left standing alone in the smoke and ash of failed plans, extinguished dreams and unplanned circumstances. Sometimes ignited by our own choices, and other times sparked by the wrongs of others. Either way, once the dust settles and feelings of disillusionment and loss close in, threatening to smother our existence, we’re faced with an important choice: to give up or to move forward.
If only life had a reset button.
How differently we would live our lives if we could learn from our mistakes, ask for forgiveness and rewind a particular conversation, a certain event or a specific day for a chance to right a wrong. While we can’t go back, God does give us an infinite amount of grace-soaked “do overs.” Sometimes He even hits the button for us, knowing our priorities need to shift. It’s His way of getting us back on track, back to the core of who He created us to be. He doesn’t just desire to fix us, He wants to make us completely new.
Revelation 21:4-6 (NIV) says this: “He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’ Then he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’”
Not only is God in the business of second chances, but His promises are trustworthy and true. Behold, He is making all things new—you, me and everything in between. When we are blinded by our sin and shame, God sees the beautiful life He created when He formed each of us. He longs to restore, rebuild and refocus our lives. Isaiah relays it best: “See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland” (Isaiah 43:18-20, NIV).
Every sunrise is an opportunity to start over. God desires for us to leave our past behind and move ahead toward restoration. Every step forward is one step closer to Him. And every do over is a chance to be shaped into His likeness. Just when we think the game is over, He hits the restart button and nudges us back into the game.
You hit the restart/ You make all things new/ That’s just what You do
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more
- Real Faith - Read 1 Peter 1:6-9 and consider how real faith is tested and refined....read more