Treasure that LastsWhat legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Walking Dead
You were dead because of your sins. . . . Then God made you alive with Christ, for He forgave all our sins (Colossians 2:13).
The Walking Dead,a critically acclaimed, award-winning post-apocalyptic horror TV series, is set in the aftermath of a virus infection that turned humans into zombies—the walking dead. The series focuses on a small group of uninfected human beings, led by a deputy sheriff, seeking a safe haven from the dangerous hordes of the “walkers,” and a cure to the disease. At the end of Season 1, viewers were told that the French doctors might have found a cure. But, alas, a cure was not found that soon, for having the antidote would have signaled the premature ending of a lucrative TV series.
Before you became a Christ-follower, you were once the walking dead—infected by a deadly disease. “You were dead because of your . . . many sins” (Ephesians 2:1). As an undead, you lived “in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil” (v.2).
Unlike the characters on the TV series, we don’t have to try and create a cure or seek a safe haven. God has graciously provided both. “God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead” (vv.4-5). Thankfully, the antidote isn’t dependent on our popularity or successes. “It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!” (v.5). “It is a gift from God” (v.8).
We have a safe haven. God has “raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus” (v.6). You are no longer the walking dead, nor are you to live like one (Ephesians 4:17). For in Christ, you’ve been made alive!
“We are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago” (Ephesians 2:10). How are you “God’s masterpiece”? What “good things” are you to do?
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more