Rich in Good WorksHow can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?
Top Music Videos
The Walking Dead
You were dead because of your sins. . . . Then God made you alive with Christ, for He forgave all our sins (Colossians 2:13).
The Walking Dead,a critically acclaimed, award-winning post-apocalyptic horror TV series, is set in the aftermath of a virus infection that turned humans into zombies—the walking dead. The series focuses on a small group of uninfected human beings, led by a deputy sheriff, seeking a safe haven from the dangerous hordes of the “walkers,” and a cure to the disease. At the end of Season 1, viewers were told that the French doctors might have found a cure. But, alas, a cure was not found that soon, for having the antidote would have signaled the premature ending of a lucrative TV series.
Before you became a Christ-follower, you were once the walking dead—infected by a deadly disease. “You were dead because of your . . . many sins” (Ephesians 2:1). As an undead, you lived “in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil” (v.2).
Unlike the characters on the TV series, we don’t have to try and create a cure or seek a safe haven. God has graciously provided both. “God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead” (vv.4-5). Thankfully, the antidote isn’t dependent on our popularity or successes. “It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!” (v.5). “It is a gift from God” (v.8).
We have a safe haven. God has “raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus” (v.6). You are no longer the walking dead, nor are you to live like one (Ephesians 4:17). For in Christ, you’ve been made alive!
“We are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago” (Ephesians 2:10). How are you “God’s masterpiece”? What “good things” are you to do?
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more