Top Music Videos
The Walking Dead
You were dead because of your sins. . . . Then God made you alive with Christ, for He forgave all our sins (Colossians 2:13).
The Walking Dead,a critically acclaimed, award-winning post-apocalyptic horror TV series, is set in the aftermath of a virus infection that turned humans into zombies—the walking dead. The series focuses on a small group of uninfected human beings, led by a deputy sheriff, seeking a safe haven from the dangerous hordes of the “walkers,” and a cure to the disease. At the end of Season 1, viewers were told that the French doctors might have found a cure. But, alas, a cure was not found that soon, for having the antidote would have signaled the premature ending of a lucrative TV series.
Before you became a Christ-follower, you were once the walking dead—infected by a deadly disease. “You were dead because of your . . . many sins” (Ephesians 2:1). As an undead, you lived “in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil” (v.2).
Unlike the characters on the TV series, we don’t have to try and create a cure or seek a safe haven. God has graciously provided both. “God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead” (vv.4-5). Thankfully, the antidote isn’t dependent on our popularity or successes. “It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!” (v.5). “It is a gift from God” (v.8).
We have a safe haven. God has “raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus” (v.6). You are no longer the walking dead, nor are you to live like one (Ephesians 4:17). For in Christ, you’ve been made alive!
“We are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago” (Ephesians 2:10). How are you “God’s masterpiece”? What “good things” are you to do?
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more
- God Our Restorer - Are you in need of God’s restorative power today?...read more