UnbreakableHow can you use your suffering to point others to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Then Peter began to speak up. “We’ve given up everything to follow You,” he said (Mark 10:28).
Today was a bit surreal as I sat with a friend in the doctor’s office, awaiting the results of her biopsy. You can talk about family plans, discuss the weather, and ask how the day went. But when it’s all said and done, all you really want to know is the truth.
Life is incredibly fragile.
Any one of us could create a list of the times we didn’t get the answer we wanted. In a world filled with pain, we don’t have to go far to find someone who feels that life—and even God—has somehow been unfair. We like the kind of world where we can earn our way. After all, it’s predictable and seemingly fair. Give us something we can earn or measure, but don’t leave us with the unpredictable.
James and John felt the same way. Ironically, Jesus announced His approaching death, and they responded by vying for position (Mark 10:35). How like each one of us. Calamity strikes, and we clamor for control. While most of us haven’t asked the Lord for permission to be seated with Him, each one of us has faced the temptation to claim that life is “not fair,” and we have our significant list of why we (or others we love) deserve better.
Deuteronomy 32:4 reminds us, ”He is the Rock; His deeds are perfect. Everything He does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright He is!” Jesus’ response to James and John reminds us that the cup He drank for us has conquered any struggle we will ever face (Mark 10:38). We’re but dust, and history has proven that His faithfulness exceeds our own (Ezekiel 18:25).
Let’s remember that He’s far more than fair—He’s God.
Read Philippians 4:4 to see how we can actively pursue the heart of God when facing less than favorable circumstances.
What does it mean to respect the sovereignty of God in the midst of our questions? How does bitterness sever our access to God’s throne room?
- Unbreakable - How can you use your suffering to point others to God?...read more
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more