The Ultimate SourceGod’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways.
Top Christian Music Videos
Who Are You?
He has identified you as His own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption (v.30).
Who are you?” boomed front man Roger Daltrey of The Who, channeling guitarist Pete Townshend’s angry lyrics. The 1978 song has attained iconic status, perhaps because it resonates with so many of us. Deep down, we really don’t care what we are. The real question is who we are.
Paul’s letter to the Ephesians divides neatly into two sections. In chapters 1–3, Paul simply reminded his readers who they were—adopted sons and daughters of Jesus Christ. As such, they had . . .
• redemption and forgiveness (Ephesians 1:7)
• a guaranteed inheritance through Jesus Christ (1:11-14) • eternal life by God’s grace (2:1-10)
• intimacy, peace, reconciliation, and unity with God and His children (2:11-18)
• citizenship in the dwelling place of God (2:19-22)
Because of who we are, Paul could turn his attention in chapters 4–6 to commands and instructions for us. “Lead a life worthy of your calling, for [we] have been called by God,” he wrote (4:1). “Keep yourselves united in the Spirit” (v.3). We are to “imitate God . . . because [we] are His dear children” (5:1). “Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion” (6:18).
“Can you see the real me?” demanded Daltrey in another desperate, searching song by The Who. Were we to ask that question of a watching world, the answer ought to be a resounding yes. Our lives are to be open books. We are “people of light” who don’t need to hide in the shadows (5:8).
Other people may not understand us. But they should wonder about the mysterious plan that is God’s church (3:3) and inquire about it. Our answer? We are simply forgiven and accepted by God as His children and reconciled to Him by His Son Jesus, who gave up His life for us (5:25).
So, who are you?
What does Ephesians 2:19 tell us is the basis for our unity with other believers in Jesus Christ?
Is your life an open book to others? What might you be hiding and why?
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more