He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
Who Are You?
He has identified you as His own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption (v.30).
Who are you?” boomed front man Roger Daltrey of The Who, channeling guitarist Pete Townshend’s angry lyrics. The 1978 song has attained iconic status, perhaps because it resonates with so many of us. Deep down, we really don’t care what we are. The real question is who we are.
Paul’s letter to the Ephesians divides neatly into two sections. In chapters 1–3, Paul simply reminded his readers who they were—adopted sons and daughters of Jesus Christ. As such, they had . . .
• redemption and forgiveness (Ephesians 1:7)
• a guaranteed inheritance through Jesus Christ (1:11-14) • eternal life by God’s grace (2:1-10)
• intimacy, peace, reconciliation, and unity with God and His children (2:11-18)
• citizenship in the dwelling place of God (2:19-22)
Because of who we are, Paul could turn his attention in chapters 4–6 to commands and instructions for us. “Lead a life worthy of your calling, for [we] have been called by God,” he wrote (4:1). “Keep yourselves united in the Spirit” (v.3). We are to “imitate God . . . because [we] are His dear children” (5:1). “Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion” (6:18).
“Can you see the real me?” demanded Daltrey in another desperate, searching song by The Who. Were we to ask that question of a watching world, the answer ought to be a resounding yes. Our lives are to be open books. We are “people of light” who don’t need to hide in the shadows (5:8).
Other people may not understand us. But they should wonder about the mysterious plan that is God’s church (3:3) and inquire about it. Our answer? We are simply forgiven and accepted by God as His children and reconciled to Him by His Son Jesus, who gave up His life for us (5:25).
So, who are you?
What does Ephesians 2:19 tell us is the basis for our unity with other believers in Jesus Christ?
Is your life an open book to others? What might you be hiding and why?
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more