What Sets Us FreeDo you ever try to earn points with God?
Top Music Videos
Rod Handley, director of the ministry Character That Counts, has devoted his life's work to helping people grow in character. He encourages people to, as Merriam-Webster's puts it, exude "moral excellence and firmness."
In his book Team Studies on Character, Handley lists traits embedded in the essence of 1 Timothy 4:16, which exhorts us to "Keep a close watch on how you live. . . . Stay true to what is right for the sake of your own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you."
Here are some of the traits and what they mean:
Alertness: Being keenly aware of the events taking place around me so that I can properly respond to them.
Benevolence: Giving to others' basic needs without expectations of personal reward.
Forgiveness: Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding past offenses against them.
Generosity: Realizing that all I have belongs to God and freely giving to benefit others.
Holiness: Having no blemish or stain. Being whole with no trace of regret or remorse.
Loyalty: Using difficult times to demonstrate my commitment to others or to what is right.
Responsibility: Knowing and doing what's expected of me.
Self-Control: Bringing my thoughts, words, actions, and attitudes into constant obedience in order to benefit others.
Worship: Honoring God reverently.
Today, consider how you can increasingly implement these character qualities into your life, to the glory of God (Philippians 1:11). , Roxanne Robbins
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more