FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
1 Corinthians 3:12
But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has
done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value (v.13).
One summer when I was in elementary school,
some of the neighborhood kids built a fort out
of scrap wood. Precariously balanced on the
ground, it consisted of three levels with enough room for
two small bodies on each level. My dad, upon seeing
their creation, promptly prohibited me from climbing
in it as he was convinced it was an accident waiting
to happen. Dismayed, I obeyed. Dad knew that I had
been ignoring the rusty protruding nails and splitting
swaybacked boards, for I had been focused on what
looked like fun. But the fort wasn’t built to last.
On any given day, we have a multitude of things
clamoring for our attention. From the mundane to the
monumental, life is a series of choices. It’s easy to respond
to whatever conveniently crosses our path, commands
our attention, or seems most pleasurable, but Scripture
reminds us to be exceedingly deliberate. Philippians 1:10
says, “I want you to understand what really matters, so
that you may live pure and blameless lives.”
Writing to the Corinthian church, Paul taught that there
is no other foundation than Jesus, because salvation
comes only by accepting His life in exchange for ours.
But Paul goes on to clarify that salvation is the foundation
(beginning point) of our lives—and what we build from
there depends on the choices we make each day.
We can be saved but choose to spend our lives in
fruitless activity (1 Corinthians 3:15). On the other hand, we can understand our
salvation to such a depth that every moment becomes an offering given back to
God. Our works will not be tested by their appearances, our level of enjoyment,
or others’ opinions. It’s the fire of God that will reveal if we have lived with this
world or the next in mind.
Read Matthew 6:19 to see the connection between the investments
we make in life and the condition of our hearts.
How can ordinary things become eternal investments? Why
shouldn’t we base the significance of our investments on the
attention they garner? (Matthew 6:4).
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more