Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
Go, Reveal Him
You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden (v.14).
If you didn’t grow up in a Christian home, chances are that you didn’t come to faith through a message heard on radio or TV, read in a magazine article, or heard in a debate. No, it’s likely a believer in Jesus entered your life and provided spiritual illumination beyond this world.
Jesus predicted as much. God is described as light (1 John 1:5). Jesus, the light of the world, shone with this light (John 1:5). And, like a flame that is passed from candlewick to candlewick, He said His people would radiate this light too. “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden” (Matthew 5:14), He told His followers.
This is the second of two great callings Jesus gives us. We’re to be salt in the world—preserving it from decay and enhancing whatever is true and good within it (v.13)—and we’re to be the world’s light. As salt, we influence society. As light, we influence hearts.
Light attracts. Light purifies. Light reveals. When God’s light shines into our hearts, it reveals our darkness (6:23), purifies us from sin (1 John 1:7), and makes us beacons to others, drawing them to the Light that now glows within us.
And how do we reveal this Light to others? “Let your good deeds shine out for all to see,” Jesus directs us, “so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father” (Matthew 5:16). Acts of compassion, kindness, patience, and love reveal the character of the One now shining within us (Galatians 5:22). This is what it means to glorify God. When our lives mirror God’s life we glorify—reveal— Him. And He is a most glorious God. That’s why people praise Him when they see our good works.
So go, reveal Him. In word and deed, be the light of your corner of the world.
Read Ephesians 5:8 to discover more about living a light-filled life.
How have you seen God shine through others? What light from God might others glimpse in you today?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more