Warm WelcomeHow does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?
Top Christian Music Videos
Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2).
Normally I dread having dental work done. But a recent trip to the dentist to repair a fractured tooth may have permanently changed my attitude. During the appointment, my dentist administered nitrous oxide—commonly known as “laughing gas.” He said it would help relax me. He wasn’t kidding. With just a few deep whiffs, I was off to “la la land,” still conscious but without a care in the world.
I remember thinking, Wow! And it’s legal!
My dentist, who’s a great dude when he’s not poking around inside my mouth, jokingly said that there would be fewer wars in this world if there was a little bit more nitrous oxide in the air. He also joked that little would get done, but nobody would care.
I have to admit, to “not care” sounds appealing. But, after serious thought, it’s not as great as it sounds. Not only would little get done, but to “not care” would severely limit us from connecting with each other . . . and God.
More than anything else, God designed us for connection, the kind of union and closeness that the Trinity has always enjoyed and intends for us to enjoy as well (John 17:20). But if we didn’t care, we would lose touch with our need for close relationships. I counsel people every day who are trying not to care in all sorts of ways. They’re short-sighted in their attempts at protecting themselves from hurt. Sadly, they end up causing more hurt in the long run and cutting themselves off from a source of real comfort and healing.
When we’re hurting, the most important thing we need is connection with others. As we learn to let them come close enough to see our pain and offer comfort, they can then help carry our burdens (Galatians 6:2).
Read John 13:34 to see the powerful effect of our love and care for other believers in Jesus.
How can you start connecting more with others and with God? What’s holding you back?
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more