Kindness and HospitalityHow are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Greatest Gift
2 Corinthians 5:14-21 All of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to Himself through Christ (v.18).
My 9-year-old Ugandan son and I often list the things he’s done the past few years—activities that he could not have done if he were still orphaned and living in extreme poverty. In his village, he never would have received a formal education, eaten sushi, gone surfing, read books, flown in an airplane, played tennis, or even had running water and electricity in his home.
Wasswa’s life is radically different now that he’s my son. His new life with me, though, can’t compare with what it means to experience new life in Christ. As believers in Jesus, we’re controlled by His love that prompts us to cast self aside and live for God and others. “Those who receive His new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them” (2 Corinthians 5:15).
When we belong to Christ:
• We don’t just have different circumstances; we are new people. The old life is gone; a new life has begun (vv.14,17).
• We stop evaluating others from a human point of view (v.16).
• We are reconciled in Christ, and He no longer counts our sins against us (vv.18-19).
• We are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making His appeal through us (v.20).
• We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” (v.20).
• We are made right with God through Christ, who never sinned (v.21).
As much as we shower our children with love, guidance, and material things, we could never be their all-in-all. Only God can be that—Christ alone. “All glory to Him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are His before all time (Jude 1:25).
Read James 1:17 and see what God the Father provides for us.
How do gifts from family and friends compare to the gift God gave us when He “brought us back to Himself through Christ?” Write a “Thank You” note to Jesus for the gifts He’s given you.
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more