Faithful and TrueWhat experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Greatest Gift
2 Corinthians 5:14-21 All of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to Himself through Christ (v.18).
My 9-year-old Ugandan son and I often list the things he’s done the past few years—activities that he could not have done if he were still orphaned and living in extreme poverty. In his village, he never would have received a formal education, eaten sushi, gone surfing, read books, flown in an airplane, played tennis, or even had running water and electricity in his home.
Wasswa’s life is radically different now that he’s my son. His new life with me, though, can’t compare with what it means to experience new life in Christ. As believers in Jesus, we’re controlled by His love that prompts us to cast self aside and live for God and others. “Those who receive His new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them” (2 Corinthians 5:15).
When we belong to Christ:
• We don’t just have different circumstances; we are new people. The old life is gone; a new life has begun (vv.14,17).
• We stop evaluating others from a human point of view (v.16).
• We are reconciled in Christ, and He no longer counts our sins against us (vv.18-19).
• We are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making His appeal through us (v.20).
• We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” (v.20).
• We are made right with God through Christ, who never sinned (v.21).
As much as we shower our children with love, guidance, and material things, we could never be their all-in-all. Only God can be that—Christ alone. “All glory to Him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are His before all time (Jude 1:25).
Read James 1:17 and see what God the Father provides for us.
How do gifts from family and friends compare to the gift God gave us when He “brought us back to Himself through Christ?” Write a “Thank You” note to Jesus for the gifts He’s given you.
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more