Calling on the AirIn what ways have you called on God for direction ?
Top Christian Music Videos
“It was not because of his sins or his parents’
sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the
power of God could be seen in him” (v.3).
On December 4, 1982, a baby boy named
Nicholas Vujicic was born. As he grew, Nick
learned to brush his teeth, comb his hair, and
dress himself each morning. Like other boys, he learned
to swim, fish, and play soccer. But throughout Nick’s life
there has always been one big difference between him and
those around him. Nick was born with the rare Tetra-amelia
disorder—he entered this world without arms or legs.
As you’d imagine, Nick’s life has had its share of pain.
His defects were a shock to his parents. How could God
have allowed this? Nick was teased at school. So much
so, that when he was just 8 years old, he tried to drown
himself in a bathtub. He prayed to God every day for a
miracle, but never woke up with new limbs.
Nick’s turning point came while reading today’s
highlighted Bible verse. Jesus met a man born blind,
and His disciples wondered what caused the defect.
“Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?”
(John 9:1-2). According to traditional wisdom, there
was no suffering without sin. Either one’s parents or the
person himself had sinned, perhaps even in the womb.
Jesus said that sin wasn’t the issue. This man had been
born blind, He proclaimed, “so the power of God could
be seen in him” (v.3).
Nick told me, “Those verses changed my life forever.”
His disability has been used to reveal God’s power.
Today, he travels the world as an evangelist, and it’s claimed that 200,000
people have given their lives to Jesus through his testimony.
For the blind man, the power of God was seen in him receiving his sight
(v.7). For Nick, it’s seen in the lives changed through his story. “When God
doesn’t give you a miracle,” Nick says, “maybe you’re the miracle God has for
someone else.” —Sheridan Voysey
Read Romans 5:3-5
to see the good that
suffering can produce.
Read 2 Corinthians
12:7-10 to see how
God can use our
weakness for His glory.
What is your
you long for God to
change in your life? How
might the power of God
be revealed though your
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more
- Songs in the Night - What’s your favorite worship song?...read more