Taking on Too MuchWhat are you trying to take on that only God can do
Top Music Videos
“It was not because of his sins or his parents’
sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the
power of God could be seen in him” (v.3).
On December 4, 1982, a baby boy named
Nicholas Vujicic was born. As he grew, Nick
learned to brush his teeth, comb his hair, and
dress himself each morning. Like other boys, he learned
to swim, fish, and play soccer. But throughout Nick’s life
there has always been one big difference between him and
those around him. Nick was born with the rare Tetra-amelia
disorder—he entered this world without arms or legs.
As you’d imagine, Nick’s life has had its share of pain.
His defects were a shock to his parents. How could God
have allowed this? Nick was teased at school. So much
so, that when he was just 8 years old, he tried to drown
himself in a bathtub. He prayed to God every day for a
miracle, but never woke up with new limbs.
Nick’s turning point came while reading today’s
highlighted Bible verse. Jesus met a man born blind,
and His disciples wondered what caused the defect.
“Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?”
(John 9:1-2). According to traditional wisdom, there
was no suffering without sin. Either one’s parents or the
person himself had sinned, perhaps even in the womb.
Jesus said that sin wasn’t the issue. This man had been
born blind, He proclaimed, “so the power of God could
be seen in him” (v.3).
Nick told me, “Those verses changed my life forever.”
His disability has been used to reveal God’s power.
Today, he travels the world as an evangelist, and it’s claimed that 200,000
people have given their lives to Jesus through his testimony.
For the blind man, the power of God was seen in him receiving his sight
(v.7). For Nick, it’s seen in the lives changed through his story. “When God
doesn’t give you a miracle,” Nick says, “maybe you’re the miracle God has for
someone else.” —Sheridan Voysey
Read Romans 5:3-5
to see the good that
suffering can produce.
Read 2 Corinthians
12:7-10 to see how
God can use our
weakness for His glory.
What is your
you long for God to
change in your life? How
might the power of God
be revealed though your
- Taking on Too Much - What are you trying to take on that only God can do...read more
- Representing Jesus - In what practical ways can you effectively represent Christ?...read more
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more