VictoryWhat battles are you facing these days?
Top Music Videos
“It was not because of his sins or his parents’
sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the
power of God could be seen in him” (v.3).
On December 4, 1982, a baby boy named
Nicholas Vujicic was born. As he grew, Nick
learned to brush his teeth, comb his hair, and
dress himself each morning. Like other boys, he learned
to swim, fish, and play soccer. But throughout Nick’s life
there has always been one big difference between him and
those around him. Nick was born with the rare Tetra-amelia
disorder—he entered this world without arms or legs.
As you’d imagine, Nick’s life has had its share of pain.
His defects were a shock to his parents. How could God
have allowed this? Nick was teased at school. So much
so, that when he was just 8 years old, he tried to drown
himself in a bathtub. He prayed to God every day for a
miracle, but never woke up with new limbs.
Nick’s turning point came while reading today’s
highlighted Bible verse. Jesus met a man born blind,
and His disciples wondered what caused the defect.
“Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?”
(John 9:1-2). According to traditional wisdom, there
was no suffering without sin. Either one’s parents or the
person himself had sinned, perhaps even in the womb.
Jesus said that sin wasn’t the issue. This man had been
born blind, He proclaimed, “so the power of God could
be seen in him” (v.3).
Nick told me, “Those verses changed my life forever.”
His disability has been used to reveal God’s power.
Today, he travels the world as an evangelist, and it’s claimed that 200,000
people have given their lives to Jesus through his testimony.
For the blind man, the power of God was seen in him receiving his sight
(v.7). For Nick, it’s seen in the lives changed through his story. “When God
doesn’t give you a miracle,” Nick says, “maybe you’re the miracle God has for
someone else.” —Sheridan Voysey
Read Romans 5:3-5
to see the good that
suffering can produce.
Read 2 Corinthians
12:7-10 to see how
God can use our
weakness for His glory.
What is your
you long for God to
change in your life? How
might the power of God
be revealed though your
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more
- Free to Forgive - How has God’s forgiveness changed your heart?...read more
- Friendly Wounds - What does it mean to “speak the truth in love”?...read more