MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
I've never been a particularly fast writer, but when it came to texting, my speed was somewhere in the range of "turtlelike." While receiving a second or third text, I was still responding to the first. So when it came time for a new cell phone, I chose one with a QWERTY keyboard in hopes of gaining speed. As much as I love my keyboard, though, one feature came as a pleasant surprise. I can erase my inbox in a nanosecond. It's nice to hit that "ok" button and see my screen become a clean slate.
As believers, our spirit takes on new life at the point of salvation. Our minds, however, require continued renewal (2 Corinthians 10:5). Romans 12:2 teaches that we are not to conform to the "behaviors and customs of this world" but to allow the Lord to change us as our minds are renewed in Him. While this Scripture applies to our putting aside the world's values, we can take on worldly thinking in more ways than one.
Left to our flesh, our minds will replay the past, especially in regard to our regrets. What "was" becomes "our here-and-now" when we allow our desire for a do-over to dominate. Wanting to keep us from moving forward, the enemy lies by telling us the past is not only unforgettable, it's unforgivable.
Thankfully, God's Word speaks differently. He has forgiven and does not remember our blood-covered sins (Isaiah 43:25). We cannot be defined by what does not exist. Paul had it right, to go forward we must let go of the past (Philippians 3:13). After all, it's hard to run a race looking back. Though it requires more than hitting the "ok" button on a cell phone, forgetting the past begins by believing it's possible. Moving forward depends on it. , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more