FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses
sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could
Not even Captain Jack Sparrow could have
prepared the Somalian pirates for what they
encountered when they attempted to storm
a luxury cruise liner filled with retired tourists. As the
buccaneers pulled alongside the ship and began pelting
it with machine-gun fire, the octogenarian warriors used
deck furniture to resist and fight off the armed sea robbers.
Eventually, the golden-agers forced the pirates to
retreat. Sixty-five-year-old John Jeffrey, who was injured in
the attack, said triumphantly: “They tried to scare us off,
but we stood our ground and continued throwing chairs.”
Just as age didn’t prevent these seniors from bravely
defending themselves, age did not prevent 85-year-old
Caleb from flexing His muscles.
Because of Caleb’s wholehearted devotion to and trust
in God, 45 years earlier the Lord promised him a piece
of property. After that promise, Caleb had spent nearly
5 decades under Joshua’s leadership—wandering in the
wilderness with a dissatisfied, unfaithful congregation
and fighting against the Canaanite kingdoms. But even
after the wear and tear of all those years, with flashing
eyes and a strong voice, Caleb declared: “Today I am
eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when
Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and
fight as well as I could then. So give me the hill country
that the Lord promised me” (Joshua 14:10).
God had not only preserved the promise for the man—He had preserved the
man for the promise.
Sometimes our culture neglects and shelves seniors. But God still needs
octogenarian warriors—believers who will trust His promises, refuse to let age
define their usefulness to God, embrace new experiences with God, and write new
chapters for Him.
What older believer will you encourage to keep embracing God’s
promises and fighting for His glory? What are some creative ways to
keep seniors engaged in building the kingdom of God?
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more