The Ultimate SourceGod’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways.
Top Christian Music Videos
I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses
sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could
Not even Captain Jack Sparrow could have
prepared the Somalian pirates for what they
encountered when they attempted to storm
a luxury cruise liner filled with retired tourists. As the
buccaneers pulled alongside the ship and began pelting
it with machine-gun fire, the octogenarian warriors used
deck furniture to resist and fight off the armed sea robbers.
Eventually, the golden-agers forced the pirates to
retreat. Sixty-five-year-old John Jeffrey, who was injured in
the attack, said triumphantly: “They tried to scare us off,
but we stood our ground and continued throwing chairs.”
Just as age didn’t prevent these seniors from bravely
defending themselves, age did not prevent 85-year-old
Caleb from flexing His muscles.
Because of Caleb’s wholehearted devotion to and trust
in God, 45 years earlier the Lord promised him a piece
of property. After that promise, Caleb had spent nearly
5 decades under Joshua’s leadership—wandering in the
wilderness with a dissatisfied, unfaithful congregation
and fighting against the Canaanite kingdoms. But even
after the wear and tear of all those years, with flashing
eyes and a strong voice, Caleb declared: “Today I am
eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when
Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and
fight as well as I could then. So give me the hill country
that the Lord promised me” (Joshua 14:10).
God had not only preserved the promise for the man—He had preserved the
man for the promise.
Sometimes our culture neglects and shelves seniors. But God still needs
octogenarian warriors—believers who will trust His promises, refuse to let age
define their usefulness to God, embrace new experiences with God, and write new
chapters for Him.
What older believer will you encourage to keep embracing God’s
promises and fighting for His glory? What are some creative ways to
keep seniors engaged in building the kingdom of God?
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more