What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
Love The Most?
We love each other because He loved us first (v.19).
A young child once asked her father, “Daddy, whodo you love the most, me or my brother?” The father wisely explained to his child that he loved each one of his children the same, but he sometimes expressed his love in different ways.
Later, the child asked her father a different question, “Daddy, who do you love the most, Jesus or me?” The father told his daughter that he loved Jesus the most, because without Jesus’ love for him, he wouldn’t be able to love his children as much as he did.
What a great way to express it! This father’s answer parallels the words of another father figure who once wrote to a group of Christians he considered to be his “dear children” (1 John 1:1). The apostle John reminded his readers: “We love each other because [God] loved us first” (4:19).
John, who saw himself as one of God’s own, emphasized God’s parental love when he wrote, “See how very much our Father loves us, for He calls us His children, and that is what we are!” (1 John 1:1). In one of the most quoted verses in the Bible, He again pointed out: “For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son” (John 3:16). Notice that he didn’t merely write that God loved us, he wrote that God loved us “so much”—perhaps again stressing the love of a parent.
Parents love their children so much that they would do anything for them. That’s how much our heavenly Father loves us. And His love for us can move us to do great things for Him and for others. According to John, His compassion becomes our compassion that we in turn give to others.
So, who do you love the most?
God didn’t just talk about loving us. He showed it through His actions (see Romans 5:8).
Is there someone to whom you can show the Father’s love today? How has His love transformed your life?
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more