Running the RaceHow deliberate are you in your spiritual training?
Top Christian Music Videos
Our Father in heaven, may Your name be kept holy (v.9).
Our Father in heaven,”Jesus taught us to pray, “may Your name be kept holy” (Matthew 6:9). We affirm today that Your name, Yahweh, already isholy because it describes You—pure, perfect, far removed from evil, error, and corruption.
And yet in praying, “May Your name be kept holy,” we acknowledge our part, as Your people, in revealing Your holiness to others. By our words and deeds we can either represent You well, or we can cause Your name to be blasphemed by the world (Romans 2:24).
God, we confess today that we have in many ways tainted Your holy name. We ask humbly, and urgently, that You right what we’ve wronged, and make Your name holy once more. We beg your forgiveness . . .
• For church ministers who have betrayed the trust of children. They have violated their innocence in Your name.
• For televangelists whose ministries have collapsed in scandal. They have ruined lives in Your name.
• For crusades and wars fought for the “Prince of Peace”—for acts of brutality done in Your name.
• For the coldness of some of our churches and the superficiality of others; for the ways we’ve clung to archaic tradition or run with the latest fad.
• For clothing ourselves in riches while the poor starve; for cheapening the bonds of marriage by relaxing sexual ethics; for pursuing success at the expense of principle; for the self-centeredness of our dreams; for the myriad ways we have refashioned You into a god who endorses whatever we want endorsed.
Holy God, we’re so sorry. We repent. Empower us to live lives like Yours. For You are pure, loving, and good—and You call us to be like You. May your name be kept holy. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Is there a specific sin God is calling you to repent of today? Is there anyone to whom you need to show God’s work in your life by apologizing?
- Running the Race - How deliberate are you in your spiritual training?...read more
- Out of Love - How did God show love for us through His sacrifice?...read more
- God's Masterpiece - What does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?...read more
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more