Prayerful RetreatHow often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?
Top Christian Music Videos
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple (v.7 NIV).
In 2012, Encyclopedia Britannica declared that information has been changing so rapidly that their encyclopedias were quickly outdated. So instead of focusing on physical books, they’ve made the decision to focus on digital editions. “A printed encyclopedia is obsolete the minute that you print it,” said the president of Encyclopedia Britannica.“ Whereas our online edition is updated continuously.”
The Bible is a very ancient book, filled with information. Genesis was written some 3,500 years ago, and Revelation, the last book of the Bible, was penned around AD 95. God’s Word is also the world’s most printed book. And, increasingly, the Bible has been published in digital formats. But the Bible is never in need of updating. It’s never obsolete!
David declared, “The law of the Lord is perfect” (Psalm 19:7 NIV). He reflected the reality that God has revealed Himself to mankind through His created works (vv.1-6) and His spoken Word (vv.7-14). Warren Wiersbe writes, “The heavens declare God’s glory, and the Scriptures declare His grace.” God’s Word is filled with perfect instructions and changeless truths. It revives the soul, giving insight for right living (vv.7-9).
God’s Word is pleasant and delightful, precious and valuable, nourishing and refreshing, rewarding and satisfying (v.10), and will keep the believer from sinning (v.13, 119:11).
Because of technological developments, the Bible will increasingly come to us in its new digital media. But because God’s Word is perfect, and will not become obsolete, it doesn’t need updating. It’s therefore reliable and trustworthy! (Psalm 12:6, 119:140; Proverbs 30:5).
Read Psalm 119:89-105 to see what the psalmist said about the perfection of God’s Word and how it should affect the way we live.
David used the metaphors of “gold” and “honey” (Psalm 19:10) to speak of the Bible. In what ways is the Bible “gold” and “honey” to you?
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more
- A Way Out - Do you have a tendency to overestimate or underestimate?...read more
- Extravagant Love - When have you encountered God’s extravagant love?...read more
- Income vs. Investment - How will you be “rich in good works” today?...read more