Living Houses of PrayerWhat does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?
Top Christian Music Videos
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple (v.7 NIV).
In 2012, Encyclopedia Britannica declared that information has been changing so rapidly that their encyclopedias were quickly outdated. So instead of focusing on physical books, they’ve made the decision to focus on digital editions. “A printed encyclopedia is obsolete the minute that you print it,” said the president of Encyclopedia Britannica.“ Whereas our online edition is updated continuously.”
The Bible is a very ancient book, filled with information. Genesis was written some 3,500 years ago, and Revelation, the last book of the Bible, was penned around AD 95. God’s Word is also the world’s most printed book. And, increasingly, the Bible has been published in digital formats. But the Bible is never in need of updating. It’s never obsolete!
David declared, “The law of the Lord is perfect” (Psalm 19:7 NIV). He reflected the reality that God has revealed Himself to mankind through His created works (vv.1-6) and His spoken Word (vv.7-14). Warren Wiersbe writes, “The heavens declare God’s glory, and the Scriptures declare His grace.” God’s Word is filled with perfect instructions and changeless truths. It revives the soul, giving insight for right living (vv.7-9).
God’s Word is pleasant and delightful, precious and valuable, nourishing and refreshing, rewarding and satisfying (v.10), and will keep the believer from sinning (v.13, 119:11).
Because of technological developments, the Bible will increasingly come to us in its new digital media. But because God’s Word is perfect, and will not become obsolete, it doesn’t need updating. It’s therefore reliable and trustworthy! (Psalm 12:6, 119:140; Proverbs 30:5).
Read Psalm 119:89-105 to see what the psalmist said about the perfection of God’s Word and how it should affect the way we live.
David used the metaphors of “gold” and “honey” (Psalm 19:10) to speak of the Bible. In what ways is the Bible “gold” and “honey” to you?
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more