True FellowshipWhat comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?
Top Music Videos
Speaking of Jesus
The man went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had healed him (v.15).
While waiting for a mechanic to rotate my car’s tires, I struck up a conversation with a man in the waiting area. Troy was visiting my town for a few days and had discovered that his vehicle needed repairs. After some small talk, the Holy Spirit prompted me to go deeper and I was able to express my faith in Jesus to him. We exchanged contact information, and later I received an email from Troy that contained these words: “My stay in [your city] was great, but you were the only person I heard speak of Jesus. Others spoke of their church.”
I’m so thankful I felt the freedom to speak of Jesus to Troy. That hasn’t always been my experience. With that in mind, there’s a man with whom Jesus once spoke who gives me great encouragement (John 5:5). Jesus met this struggling guy by the pool of Bethesda—a place where the “sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed” hung out and hoped to find healing (vv.3,7).
Jesus asked the man, “Would you like to get well?” (v.6). The man responded by stating that he couldn’t get into—what he thought were—the healing waters of the pool when they were stirred (v.7). Jesus simply told him to pick up his mat and walk home (v.8). The “man was healed!” (v.9).
But the Jewish leaders saw him carrying his mat— something that was against their Sabbath laws (v.10). They interrogated the man and asked who had healed him, but he didn’t know. After Jesus met with him again, the man learned His name (v.14), and he “went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesuswho had healed him” (v.15).
I love the man’s example! He simply told others about Jesus and what He had done in his life. Let’s do the same today.
How does it encourage you to think of sharing your faith as simply speaking of Jesus? With whom will you share Jesus today?
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more
- God Our Restorer - Are you in need of God’s restorative power today?...read more
- You're Called - Are you dissatisfied with your present calling?...read more
- The Art of Joy - What has hindered you from experiencing joy this week?...read more