Run with It!Jesus is the author of life.
Top Christian Music Videos
Speaking of Jesus
The man went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had healed him (v.15).
While waiting for a mechanic to rotate my car’s tires, I struck up a conversation with a man in the waiting area. Troy was visiting my town for a few days and had discovered that his vehicle needed repairs. After some small talk, the Holy Spirit prompted me to go deeper and I was able to express my faith in Jesus to him. We exchanged contact information, and later I received an email from Troy that contained these words: “My stay in [your city] was great, but you were the only person I heard speak of Jesus. Others spoke of their church.”
I’m so thankful I felt the freedom to speak of Jesus to Troy. That hasn’t always been my experience. With that in mind, there’s a man with whom Jesus once spoke who gives me great encouragement (John 5:5). Jesus met this struggling guy by the pool of Bethesda—a place where the “sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed” hung out and hoped to find healing (vv.3,7).
Jesus asked the man, “Would you like to get well?” (v.6). The man responded by stating that he couldn’t get into—what he thought were—the healing waters of the pool when they were stirred (v.7). Jesus simply told him to pick up his mat and walk home (v.8). The “man was healed!” (v.9).
But the Jewish leaders saw him carrying his mat— something that was against their Sabbath laws (v.10). They interrogated the man and asked who had healed him, but he didn’t know. After Jesus met with him again, the man learned His name (v.14), and he “went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesuswho had healed him” (v.15).
I love the man’s example! He simply told others about Jesus and what He had done in his life. Let’s do the same today.
How does it encourage you to think of sharing your faith as simply speaking of Jesus? With whom will you share Jesus today?
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more