Choosing to ForgetWhat painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Speaking of Jesus
The man went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had healed him (v.15).
While waiting for a mechanic to rotate my car’s tires, I struck up a conversation with a man in the waiting area. Troy was visiting my town for a few days and had discovered that his vehicle needed repairs. After some small talk, the Holy Spirit prompted me to go deeper and I was able to express my faith in Jesus to him. We exchanged contact information, and later I received an email from Troy that contained these words: “My stay in [your city] was great, but you were the only person I heard speak of Jesus. Others spoke of their church.”
I’m so thankful I felt the freedom to speak of Jesus to Troy. That hasn’t always been my experience. With that in mind, there’s a man with whom Jesus once spoke who gives me great encouragement (John 5:5). Jesus met this struggling guy by the pool of Bethesda—a place where the “sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed” hung out and hoped to find healing (vv.3,7).
Jesus asked the man, “Would you like to get well?” (v.6). The man responded by stating that he couldn’t get into—what he thought were—the healing waters of the pool when they were stirred (v.7). Jesus simply told him to pick up his mat and walk home (v.8). The “man was healed!” (v.9).
But the Jewish leaders saw him carrying his mat— something that was against their Sabbath laws (v.10). They interrogated the man and asked who had healed him, but he didn’t know. After Jesus met with him again, the man learned His name (v.14), and he “went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesuswho had healed him” (v.15).
I love the man’s example! He simply told others about Jesus and what He had done in his life. Let’s do the same today.
How does it encourage you to think of sharing your faith as simply speaking of Jesus? With whom will you share Jesus today?
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more